Forums

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

Sort:
madhacker
RetiFan wrote:

There is a big difference between 0 and 0.000125

Only in mathematical terms. In practical chess terms there is no difference.

Conflagration_Planet
FirebrandX wrote:
Tmattb86 wrote:

Our planet orbits a single star, our star is 1 in a billion in our galaxy. Our galaxy is 1 in a billion in the observable universe.

Your estimates are a bit off. Our galaxy has somewhere between 200 billion and 400 billion stars, and the likely estimate of galaxies in the observable universe is close to the same number. The universe is around 13.75 billion years old, with an observable sphere diameter of close to 100 billion light years (expansion places galaxies much further away than we observe them).

Not to mention, our universe might be just on of a countless number of em.

rookendings

possible i am rated 389 JCL but i defeated a 800~ player in an OTB tournament today (not to mention that my rating is now probably above 400

Stackalee

Ultimately though, if a 1300 player beats a 2700 player, has he really 'beaten' him? Really it would just be probability and incredible luck, the 1300 player certainly wouldn't appreciate the actual depth of the moves he made by chance.

madhacker
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

Perhaps that 'multiverse' is only one of a countless number of 'multiverses' Laughing

Conflagration_Planet
madhacker wrote:
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

Perhaps that 'multiverse' is only one of a countless number of 'multiverses'

Might be the case. :)

madhacker

And perhaps that... oh never mind Tongue out

Conflagration_Planet
madhacker wrote:

And perhaps that... oh never mind

Could be a hacker just like you, making that same statement in another universe far FAR away.

madhacker

By your hypothesis, in a countless number of far away universes.

If there are other universes, would they be theoretically accessible through the conventional dimensions of X Y Z and T? Or would they exist on some mysterious 'other plane'?

Weird stuff - I don't know a lot about physics but it's interesting and sort of makes your head explode trying to think about it.

Conflagration_Planet

Weird is right. It's not my hypothesis, and I know little about it, but other universes would never be accessible to us.

dezsoracz

NO.

kennethlopez

A 1300 player can beat a 2700 player only if the 2700 intentionally loses.  It is virtually impossible.  It is even more ulikely than a 6 year old beating a competitively trained Nigerian Marathon runner in a 26 mile marathon. Those guys are really good. I believe they can run the whole marathon runnng an average of less than 4 minutes a mile. Same concept.

rooperi
kennethlopez wrote:

A 1300 player can beat a 2700 player only if the 2700 intentionally loses.  It is virtually impossible.  It is even more ulikely than a 6 year old beating a competitively trained Nigerian Marathon runner in a 26 mile marathon. Those guys are really good. I believe they can run the whole marathon runnng an average of less than 4 minutes a mile. Same concept.

Not quite....... 120 minutes has never been broken

Scottrf
kennethlopez wrote:

You're insane. Nobody has done that for 3 miles, let alone 26.

Conflagration_Planet
kennethlopez wrote:

They average about 5 miles per hour, but that's still damn good. Update. I meant 5 minute mile. About 12 miles per hour.

rooperi

actually, they do 12+ mph. An it's the Kenyans and Ethiopians, not so much Nigerians.

Scottrf

I think he meant 5 minute miles, but they are normally around 4:50 I believe.

dezsoracz

I wonder some times if our imagination is wider then the Univers?  But,  wait a minute;   Don't you see!  The answer is wright here in this words I just Wrote. what do you think?     O, O,  IM pfren the monkeys may need some time to learn the game, more importantly the consept of the word [ GAME ]  itself.

GM__Sanand
pfren wrote:
GM__Sanand wrote:

In india a small 7 yrs old unrated child have defeated a GM. Superb na. And now he is rated 2234 at just 9 yrs.

This is called mythbuilding, at least outside India. There is no such player in the FIDE lists.

His name is Aryan Chopra. You can check out.

nsb64uph

Yeah sure!

He can just smack a punch on his face!

Laughing