Forums

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

Sort:
AndyClifton

lol

Knightly_News
AndyClifton wrote:

lol

That's a Nunn-sequitur, dude.

AndyClifton

Nunnsense!

Grumblesmurf

Worth noting that in an interview not too long ago Carlsen said Nunn could have been World Champion, except that he was (is) too clever.

zborg

Nunn has nunthing to prove.  Even to IM @Pfren.

It's like saying Ken Rogoff is "only a GM."

Both Nunn's (and Rogoff's) CVs impress, greatly.

Atomic_Rift
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

Dr. Nunn is one of my favorite players.

I know! He's one of my favorites! His tactic book called "Learn Chess Tactics" is brilliant! (it's not a book for beginners at all despite the title).

TetsuoShima
Atomic_Rift wrote:
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

I know! He's one of my favorites! His tactic book called "Learn Chess Tactics" is brilliant! (it's not a book for beginners at all despite the title).

his checkmate book is also good, unlike others he really put effort in his work.

tfulk

no ..... to the original title question, that is.

TetsuoShima
zborg wrote:

Nunn has nunthing to prove.  Even to IM @Pfren.

It's like saying Ken Rogoff is "only a GM."

Both Nunn's (and Rogoff's) CVs impress, greatly.

was Ken Rogoff really a GM?? 

SmyslovFan

He still is, Tetsuo. The title is valid for life.

ozzie_c_cobblepot
SmyslovFan wrote:

In other words, is he still alive? I suppose it's also possible that it could have been revoked, no? Sort of like Lance and his 7 theoretically lifetime Tour titles.

ClavierCavalier
Atomic_Rift wrote:
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

Actually, I bought it a couple of weeks after starting chess and my tactics greatly improved.  There are many simple puzzles in there, with just a few complex ones.

kco

What wrong with your english yzzeffyx ?

kco

so you can't use the google tranlation ?

kco

yep.

landwehr

definitely, if the 1300 player never resigns and lasts long enough for the 2700 player to blunder big time and lose the game...it is worth the risk...so stay in the game no matter how hopeless your 1300 situation is

TetsuoShima
landwehr wrote:

definitely, if the 1300 player never resigns and lasts long enough for the 2700 player to blunder big time and lose the game...it is worth the risk...so stay in the game no matter how hopeless your 1300 situation is

i dont think so

TetsuoShima
landwehr wrote:

with that atitude you might as well start playing lottery

SmyslovFan
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:
SmyslovFan wrote:

In other words, is he still alive? I suppose it's also possible that it could have been revoked, no? Sort of like Lance and his 7 theoretically lifetime Tour titles.

Unless Rogoff passed away in the last few days, yes. He just made news this week for a student finding holes in one of his more important economic papers: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22223190

dumpstertrash

im a 1050 in blitz and beat a 2200 in a tournament the other day. of course this is because his connection failed...