It’s time to ban people from leaving the board in OTB play

chesstown21
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
btickler wrote:
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:

Are you serious with this? The priority of every day is not your personal enjoyment and happiness. There are other people you have to compromise with. If we're competing at something together, there are rules. You say "as long as they're not cheating" - That's the point: How do I know they're not cheating when they leave the room and go have a chat with other people? A meal? Again, if someone can't go a few hours without eating, they have health issues and should be focusing on correcting those, not playing Chess and demanding that other players adhere to their special needs.

YOUR time is not special, unique, and valuable. Neither is mine. We both need to understand and respect that. There are laws, rules, and other people in the world that supercede your personal satisfaction at any given time. What's next? No stopping at red lights in traffic because you're not going to have your time controlled? Sounds extremely immature and ignorant.

Your argument holds no water, because people at chess tournaments that move around are not breaking any rules except the imaginary ones in your head.

Chess is a game...an entirely meaningless game ultimately, I might add.  It's a leisure activity that does nothing for the world at large, just like every other game *by definition*.  Your quaint notions of competition as being serious and full of integrity are just BS.  The game is not what is important to the people that get bent all out of shape on this...what's important is your own egos and the fact that you feel disrespected when somebody wins a game off you with what seems like too much ease for your liking.  How dare they!

 

1) You missed out. The thread is over already.

2) I'm already onto something else. Chess.

3) I'm not the OP.

4) I've repeatedly said I would never even make an issue about this at a tournament.

5) I've repeatedly said that I don't mind getting up, moving around, and going to the bathroom.

You need to learn to fkn read, Dude. Now, I'm off to close the forums and focus on the game - not this silly nonsense lol.

face it. it's chess. 

btickler
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:

1) You missed out. The thread is over already.

2) I'm already onto something else. Chess.

3) I'm not the OP.

4) I've repeatedly said I would never even make an issue about this at a tournament.

5) I've repeatedly said that I don't mind getting up, moving around, and going to the bathroom.

You need to learn to fkn read, Dude. Now, I'm off to close the forums and focus on the game - not this silly nonsense lol.

1) You posted 20 minutes ago, Sherlock.  The thread is clearly only over for you, and only as of 5-10 minutes ago.  People may and will continue to post about your opinions for far longer than 20 minutes later wink.png.  Just ignore them if you are done.

2) See #1

3) Irrelevant if you are still posting your opinions

4) Irrelevant if you are still posting your opinions

5) Irrelevant if you are still posting your opinions

Dropping your wad and then saying it's over and walking away is the ploy of someone that knows they have no decent arguments.

ciedrums55
Noobs
ciedrums55
Just set up a chess match.
JustARandomPatzer

endgame347 wrote:

CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
chesstown21 wrote:

This is getting stupid...

 

I even agree. I've said my bit but now we're arguing about how this woman spends her free time and that really has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. We were talking about a chess tournament.

@CoffeeAnd420 got owned as usual. 

Anyway you was telling everybody you have a such a busy social life, I'm surprised you've got time to play in tournaments.

Exactly! He berated people for playing in tournaments and now he's telling people to play chess.

Chessflyfisher

What next? Will people have to play in the nude with catheters?

rdmccarthy

People will find all sorts of reasons to explain a bad performance... Anything except admitting they evaluated the position incorrectly.

CoffeeAnd420
endgame347 wrote:

@CoffeAnd420 you latest racist spat has been reported www.chess.com/forum/view/general/nice-bullet-win?page=1#comment-44746922

enjoy your ban and get back into rehab

screenshots and links have been sent 

 

That's already been addressed by mods. Your behavior is *extremely* childish and vindictive lol.

I'm 5'11" 190 and in really good shape. Meth? 36 pounds? You're ridiculous. But heaven forbid someone says something "racist" lol.

All of this because you disagreed with my standpoint on the topic of leaving the chess hall during games and having a chat with whomever. You're literally crazy. A few of you are.

Back to chess. Played another one and studied some more while you bickered about absolutely nothing here.

CoffeeAnd420
rdmccarthy wrote:

People will find all sorts of reasons to explain a bad performance... Anything except admitting they evaluated the position incorrectly.

 

I agree with this entirely but: Should *leaving the playing hall* and doing ...whatever be allowed? What good can possibly come from that? lol

chesstown21

Is this chess or... _______?

CoffeeAnd420
endgame347 wrote:
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
endgame347 wrote:

@CoffeAnd420 you latest racist spat has been reported www.chess.com/forum/view/general/nice-bullet-win?page=1#comment-44746922

enjoy your ban and get back into rehab

screenshots and links have been sent 

 

That's already been addressed by mods. Your behavior is *extremely* childish and vindictive lol.

I'm 5'11" 190 and in really good shape. Meth? 36 pounds? You're ridiculous. But heaven forbid someone says something "racist" lol.

All of this because you disagreed with my standpoint on the topic of leaving the chess hall during games and having a chat with whomever. You're literally crazy. A few of you are.

Back to chess. Played another one and studied some more while you bickered about absolutely nothing here.

it hasn't been addressed but it will be. 

 

And me being banned from the site, because you disagree with me about the topic in this thread, would make you feel good? You're *craaazy* LOL. Talk about a power hungry woman. Jesus...

They were addressed. The post you reported is from 2.5 weeks ago. I got messages from mods about it and everything is *long* resolved. THIS is how you spend your time? You're a nutbag.

CoffeeAnd420
chesstown21 wrote:

Is this chess or... _______?

 

There are a lot of total crazies on here that want to argue about anything and everything *but* chess. We were arguing about a topic but then you see what it became. Reports on posts of mine from 2.5 weeks ago. It's a zoo on here.

CoffeeAnd420
endgame347 wrote:

 

Again, neither: 

1) Pertains to the discussion in this thread or

2) Helps you, me, or anyone improve at chess.

You're a nutbag. Spending your time like this.

I'm done ...This is why *nobody* posts here except crazies.

chesstown21
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
chesstown21 wrote:

Is this chess or... _______?

 

There are a lot of total crazies on here that want to argue about anything and everything *but* chess. We were arguing about a topic but then you see what it became. Reports on posts of mine from 2.5 weeks ago. It's a zoo on here.

.......... frustrated.png

chesstown21
endgame347 wrote:

www.chess.com/forum/view/general/confessions-of-a-runner?page=1#comment-44775778

@CoffeeAnd420 admitting he's a low life, bad sport and run away pu$$y- hilarious 

I saw that. That's so funny...

ciedrums55
O.O
chesstown21
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
endgame347 wrote:

I did discuss it and said "it's allowed to leave the board"- plain and simple. They are the rules. Get over it.

Oh yeah and I promise you now, if you confronted me it would be a major mistake.

 

How is it going to be a "major mistake"? You're going to get tough with me? LOL. I'll just smack you in the face so hard you'll be unable to play the rest of the tournament. Where are you going with this?

Trying to act so tough and all

ciedrums55
Ew
gf3

fide = far indifferent during emergencies

 

glamdring27

I would say this thread is getting out of hand or off topic, but given how stupid the topic was in the first place, it's hard to argue that really!