Forums

Kasparov's IQ and chess skill

Sort:
naveensaily

Actually pdve Kasparov has an IQ of 190 and is maybe in the top 10 most intelligent people in the world.

beerpatzer

It's a common misconception to confuse chess skill with intelligence... Kasparov's actual IQ is closer to 130....

chessisthisguy

kasparovs iq is 135 okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

link:https://www.google.com/search?q=iq+of+garry+kasparov&sca_esv=583752159&sxsrf=AM9HkKnqHD0lTGURxjvmeuuA37wdt5nusw%3A1700391068346&ei=nOhZZfHLFMCK9u8P5r6RgAc&oq=IQ+of&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiBUlRIG9mKgIIADIKECMYgAQYigUYJzIKECMYgAQYigUYJzILEAAYgAQYigUYkQIyChAAGIAEGBQYhwIyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgARI3j1Q3wlY-h5wAXgBkAEAmAGFA6AB-B2qAQUyLTQuOLgBAcgBAPgBAcICChAAGEcY1gQYsAPCAgYQABgWGB7CAgsQABiABBiKBRiGA-IDBBgAIEGIBgGQBgg&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

chessisthisguy

kasparovs iq is 135

link: https://www.google.com/search?q=iq+of+garry+kasparov&sca_esv=583752159&sxsrf=AM9HkKnqHD0lTGURxjvmeuuA37wdt5nusw%3A1700391068346&ei=nOhZZfHLFMCK9u8P5r6RgAc&oq=IQ+of&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiBUlRIG9mKgIIADIKECMYgAQYigUYJzIKECMYgAQYigUYJzILEAAYgAQYigUYkQIyChAAGIAEGBQYhwIyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgARI3j1Q3wlY-h5wAXgBkAEAmAGFA6AB-B2qAQUyLTQuOLgBAcgBAPgBAcICChAAGEcY1gQYsAPCAgYQABgWGB7CAgsQABiABBiKBRiGA-IDBBgAIEGIBgGQBgg&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

A61971
TetsuoShima skrev:
Kindly_Chass wrote:
ZeroSymbolic7188 wrote:

1 to 24 - Profound mental disability
25 to 39 - Severe mental disability
40 to 54 - Moderate mental disability
55 to 69 - Mild mental disability
70 to 84 - Borderline mental disability
85 to 114 - Average intelligence
115 to 129 - Above average; bright
130 to 144 - Moderately gifted
145 to 159 - Highly gifted
160 to 179 - Exceptionally gifted
180 and up - Profoundly gifted

It has no bearing on chess skill. I have an IQ of 170ish and my chess is very amature.

That table seems a bit skewed. I'm pretty sure that IQ of 70-75 is the average in the United States.

Furthermore, if your IQ is 170ish why can't you spell "amateur"?

even though i dont believe he is 170, is possible to be really smart and not be able to spell amateur.

you have to ask they guy from greece, there is a famous story of a greek guy who made a fortune in america.

He couldnt get a better job in the church he was working at because he couldnt read or write. HE went to america and become really rich.

a reporter once asked him: you achieved all that, what would you have become if you could read and write?

the greek guy said: i would be working in a church.

Danish Niels Bohr, Nobel Prize winner in physics and considered by many to be Einstein's equal, he was dyslexic.
Spelling and IQ are not correlated.

magipi
A61971 wrote:

What about the correlation between IQ and noticing that your reply is 10 years too late?

Mukundalpha2015
Kasparov#
A61971
magipi skrev:
A61971 wrote:

What about the correlation between IQ and noticing that your reply is 10 years too late?

Thanks, now you confirmed your IQ to the forum happy

nik1111

In his book "deep thinking" Kasparov said he never measured his IQ.

Bogopawn657

Kasparov took a IQ test 2 years ago as part of an experiment with a University his IQ came out at 153 one can only imagine what IQ magnus Carlsen would get probably higher!!

CraigIreland
Kindly_Chass wrote:

Isn't an IQ of 130 extremely high?

Top 2.3%. It depends what you mean by extreme but there are about 180,000,000 people in that group. Kasperov is just one of them.

RopemakerStreet
romanchesnokov wrote:

Me and 2 of my friends like to play chess. Just a week ago we got interested in how our rating on chess.com and our IQ are related. We took an IQ test on this site, and these are

To save everyone 30 minutes of their life, this site requires payment to get result, unless you want to pay a tenner, and who knows if they actually give the result to you regardless of the above poster saying they do, could be his site. That's a problem with all these online IQ tests, you don't know until you finished if you're actually getting the results or a payment is demanded first, usually it's a payment request. Annoyingly time wasting, should state from the outset whether you get the result or have to pay.

If anyone has a good online free test that doesn't want to extract money from you, do post.