kicked for swearing... Really?


  • 12 hours ago · Quote · #21

    Jubaltroop

    Well as has been said many times, England and America are two countries separated by a common language. Unfortunately, America has never really matured past the 1800's.

  • 12 hours ago · Quote · #22

    MEXIMARTINI

    VIVA AMURRICA


  • 11 hours ago · Quote · #23

    kayak21

    Jubaltroop wrote:

    Playing a game some time ago, I made a dumb move, (not unusual). I typed in chat "cock up". bam ...gone......kicked. Now the expression "cock up" is slang for stupid mistake. It's used by politicians, TV announcers, even the royal family have been heard to use it in public, notably, Princess Ann. There seems to be some very puritanical, sheltered people who make the rules on here. 

    I agree that it's used all the time in the UK, newspaper headlines, tv news etc. Nobody takes any notice of it. Obviously has a stronger meaning in the USA.

  • 10 hours ago · Quote · #24

    MEXIMARTINI

  • 8 hours ago · Quote · #25

    Martin_Stahl

    kayak21 wrote:
    Jubaltroop wrote:

    ... There seems to be some very puritanical, sheltered people who make the rules on here. 

    I agree that it's used all the time in the UK, newspaper headlines, tv news etc. Nobody takes any notice of it. Obviously has a stronger meaning in the USA.

     

    It isn't necessarily that. The chat filter isn't context aware and only looks at single words. One of those is a word for a part of the male anatomy and gets flagged. I would guess at least 90% of the people using it in chat are not using that phrasing.

  • 8 hours ago · Quote · #26

    Martin_Stahl

    Guess I should have read the previous page before posting .... basically said the same thing david did meh.png

  • 7 hours ago · Quote · #27

    MEXIMARTINI

    Martin_Stahl wrote:

    Guess I should have read the previous page before posting .... basically said the same thing david did

    lol....I posted this gif one post too early.  hahahahahaha

  • 7 hours ago · Quote · #28

    Ashvapathi

    Why not simply block that particular word or the relevant text? I noticed that some people game this auto-filter as they know that only english and certain kinds of words are noticed by auto-filter.

  • 6 hours ago · Quote · #29

    Martin_Stahl

    If you notice people gaming the filter, you can always report it. A lot of non-english words are in the filter as are variations that try to get around it. Of course, there are too many permutations to get all instances.

  • 6 hours ago · Quote · #30

    Pulpofeira

    I could help staff to add every Spanish foul word I know to the filter, but it probably would make the whole site to crash.

  • 5 hours ago · Quote · #31

    kayak21

    Martin_Stahl wrote:
    kayak21 wrote:
    Jubaltroop wrote:

    ... There seems to be some very puritanical, sheltered people who make the rules on here. 

    I agree that it's used all the time in the UK, newspaper headlines, tv news etc. Nobody takes any notice of it. Obviously has a stronger meaning in the USA.

     

    It isn't necessarily that. The chat filter isn't context aware and only looks at single words. One of those is a word for a part of the male anatomy and gets flagged. I would guess at least 90% of the people using it in chat are not using that phrasing.

    Surprised Which one?

  • 5 hours ago · Quote · #32

    Pulpofeira

    Could be the bald spot.

  • 5 hours ago · Quote · #33

    RonaldJosephCote

     "The chat filter isn't context aware and only looks at single words". Undecided I had a girlfriend like that once.Embarassed

  • 4 hours ago · Quote · #34

    kayak21

    RonaldJosephCote wrote:

     "The chat filter isn't context aware and only looks at single words".  I had a girlfriend like that once.

    What.....with a bald spot?

  • 4 hours ago · Quote · #35

    BlargDragon

    MEXIMARTINI wrote:

    VIVA AMURRICA

     

     

    A hero fallen in the pursuit of the Carbonated Dream. Neither their devotion nor their bravery will soon be forgotten.

  • 4 hours ago · Quote · #36

    Pulpofeira

    I bet the ambulance staff never will forget him.

  • 86 minutes ago · Quote · #37

    BlargDragon

    I wonder if they rented the engine hoist or just bought one outright.


Back to Top

Post your reply: