Forums

Knocking out a 1700 player with a sharp tactic

Sort:
The_Analyzer

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share a puzzle that is based on my last game with a 1700 rated player.

In this puzzle, your goal is to find 3 devastating moves that force the opponent's immediate resignation. Don't look for a mate in 3, just find a sequence of 3 moves that give White a huge advantage and force Black's resignation.

Can you find the tactic?

I hope you like it.

See you soon, 

The_Analyzer

BeepBeepImA747
That was quite easy but I liked it.
The_Analyzer
superman0101 wrote:

ez

but kudos to you!

finding that tactic. I'm adept with tactics, but i rarely find them in the actual games...

Thank you happy.png

Keep practicing. The more tactics you solve, the easier it is to find them in the actual games. It comes with the territory.

The_Analyzer
BeepBeepImA747 wrote:
That was quite easy but I liked it.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

You can follow me if you want. I post a new puzzle every week

Exaggerate
Ez but fun :)
hello234567

Qh5 how do you stop the mate as black?

The_Analyzer
hello234567 wrote:

Kh7 seems to stop the mate

poodle_noodle

Oh no, is this another low rated player puzzle?

Maybe the "solution" is Qg4 Rgd8 Qxg7#

What's this, no, it's an actual puzzle!

Good job.

Samad1

First move doesn't seem to be a sacrifice since you're exchanging the bishop with a knight. But it removes the pawn from the d-file and creates a discovered check ...

Nice, well done!

hello234567
The_Analyzer wrote:
hello234567 wrote:

Kh7 seems to stop the mate

rh3 then.. g4... g5... I do not see any defense to that, not saying your way was bad  or anything like that, I just like checkmates

cranb3rry

What do you mean by "2 bishop sacrifices"? i only see 1

The_Analyzer
poodle_noodle wrote:

Oh no, is this another low rated player puzzle?

Maybe the "solution" is Qg4 Rgd8 Qxg7#

What's this, no, it's an actual puzzle!

Good job.

My opponent was in the 1700's, just like you, and I crushed him. Don't underestimate my skills. I will become a 1700's player myself very soon.

cranb3rry

The_Analyzer, i believe he was complimenting you, that your puzzle was actually good tongue.png

teorems
The_Analyzer wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share a puzzle that is based on my last game with a 1700 rated player.

In this puzzle, your goal is to find 3 devastating moves that force the opponent's immediate resignation. Don't look for a mate in 3, just find a sequence of 3 moves that give White a huge advantage and force Black's resignation.

Can you find the tactic?

I hope you like it.

See you soon, 

The_Analyzer

Black probably should have played  ... f5 (or anyway not have taken on e4) but white is winning.