Forums

LASKER = The BOSS.

Sort:
nebunulpecal
LudRa95 wrote:

it's obvious that he's not the only boss

Right, there were other bosses as well, but Lasker is the boss of all bosses. Be it Rubinstein, Pillsbury, Capa, the 1...Nf6 guy, Nimzo, Tarrasch, Schlechter...

LudRa95
nebunulpecal wrote:
LudRa95 wrote:

it's obvious that he's not the only boss

Right, there were other bosses as well, but Lasker is the boss of all bosses. Be it Rubinstein, Pillsbury, Capa, the 1...Nf6 guy, Nimzo, Tarrasch, Schlechter...

Which means that it's possible to be a boss without being Lasker, thus the boss =/= Lasker

Ubik42

If a boss denies he is Lasker, you can be sure you are dealing with Lasker.

5xadrezmemoria7

My Chess Hero, and for me the great chesplayer of all time.

So far away from the lack of culture, ignorance, stupidity, and problems psychoanalytic almost paranoia of many great chess players. A man ahead of his time and a unique vision of chess.
Even today there is difficulty in cataloging Lasker and his style of play. Many people talk of Lasker,  and even quotes Lasker and they didn't know 10% of the his games. Today "meet" Lasker means read this monument that is  "Emanuel Lasker Denker, Weltenburger, Schachweltmeister, Richard Forster, Stefan Hansen, Michael Negeleand know "Emanuel Lasker Society".

My humble homage in video to Great Enmanuel in m YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkuT2njwIBQ

Enjoy.

fyy0r

I wrote that 16 hours ago, and guess what? 

STILL A BOSS

JMB2010

Lasker tried to mate 2 male pigeons.

fabelhaft
JMB2010 wrote:

Lasker tried to mate 2 male pigeons.

It's a little known fact that Lasker mated a pigeon with a woodpecker and got a bird that knocked on the door when delivering the post.

batgirl

My favorite Lasker image:

my favourite lasker image(type mom in google browser)

Ubik42

A well known fact: Lasker checkmated an opponent with 2 knights. To prove it wasnt a fluke, he promptly set the board up again and mated with only one knight.

Lasker was also known to be able to win the game "Connect Four" in only 3 moves.

A little known fact: When Alexander Graham Bell claimed to invent the telephone, he immediately got a call from Emanuel Lasker.

A little known fact: When Lasker throws you into a bottomless pit, you hit the bottom.

A little known fact: There used to be a street named after EmanuelLasker, but it was changed because nobody crosses Emanuel Lasker and lives.

Mainline_Novelty
Ubik42 wrote:

A well known fact: Lasker checkmated an opponent with 2 knights. To prove it wasnt a fluke, he promptly set the board up again and mated with only one knight.

Lasker was also known to be able to win the game "Connect Four" in only 3 moves.

A little known fact: When Alexander Graham Bell claimed to invent the telephone, he immediately got a call from Emanuel Lasker.

A little known fact: When Lasker throws you into a bottomless pit, you hit the bottom.

A little known fact: There used to be a street named after EmanuelLasker, but it was changed because nobody crosses Emanuel Lasker and lives.

Lasker = Chuck Norris?

Retrodanny

found this post to be very informative.. and entertaining. My most sincere thank you Cool