Forums

Let's sum it up.

Sort:
AndyClifton

Wow, I just looked for a second at the Heavily Sedated Forum...I don't think I'll recover soon.

Matthew11

All of you have been blocked, I will block anyone who posts. It seems I do have some power over this thread being it's maker.

DKof
chrisr2212 wrote:

i like the reference to "total chaos". shouldn't we give a nerdy summary for poor old "pi" too ?

NSin(180/N)  pi=lim[N->inf]NSin(180/N)

so "pi" gets summarised because it's got too many decimal places for most people, so why would a thread get summarised eh ? tough one!

to not Sum up but to expand upon:

sin(x) = x - x^3/3! + x^5/5! - ... (maclaurin series)

when x = 180/N degrees, well, that would be Pi/N radians. Yes, we must use radians. Using x = Pi/N, then ...

N*sin(Pi/N) will be less than Pi for large N, that is 5th order and above H.O.T.s can be safely ignored. Oh, higher order terms, btw.

tan(x) = x + x^3/3! + .. (mac & cheese series), of course, N*tan(x) always greater than Pi for x = Pi/N, again largish N

possibly, it should be mentioned that in the limit N gets really big (x really small), all HOTs can be ignored and then x  = sin(x) = tan(x), i.e. in the limit.. N*sin(Pi/N) = Pi

mrguy888

In b4 block!

cabadenwurt

Well what can one say at a time like this ? The OP is not happy ! People stand accused of trolling ! People are being Blocked ! It's like 1929 all over again --- I just hope that the Dow-Jones dosen't go down the drain again --- Oh Boy !

ilikeflags

i don't blame him for blocking all these jerks.

Joseph-S
Matthew11 wrote:

All of you have been blocked, I will block anyone who posts. It seems I do have some power over this thread being it's maker.

To sum it up.

Chickenrun

I put it to you sir that you are a seriously ungrateful cry baby and a spoiler of good fun. You have written a post ,and to say the least you were pretty insulting not to mention acting as if you are a little above those poor souls who dare to summarize threads.

Perhaps you expected an echo chamber of responses, people telling you how accurate you are …then to your horror all you found was ….

PA PA OOM MHOW MHOW

PA PA OOM MHOW MHOW

THE SPAM SOCEITY !!!!!!!
YOU WILL NEVER BE RID OF US ….NEVER (we are a bit like a rash but one without a cure)……YOU CAN BLOCK ,YOU CAN RUN, AT SOME POINT YOU WILL TRY TO HIDE ….

BUT JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU ARE SAFE WE WILL BE THERE …YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE ( Like that guy in that movie I’m not sure now if it was Rambo or Batman but it was bad ,real bad)  IN TECHNICOLOR WITH SURROUND SOUND ….

NEVER FORGET THIS ….WE ARE WATCHING YOU….

NOW IMAGINE JUST THE RIGHT KIND OF DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYING HERE,SOMETHING INTENSE WITH A LOT OF DRUMS PERHAPS ENDING IN A SINGLE VERY DEEP REVERBARATING BASS NOTE….Or anything else that might give you goose bumps…..

OH AND I FORGOT TO MENTION…IF YOU POINT FINGERS THIS HAPPENS

Anyway ,now that that has been taken care of it seems it’s time to sum this baby up….before the author uses his incredible and almost limitless powers to block me.

It is a hefty task and I think we can all agree that a work this extensive and well written will not be summed up in a few words. Furthermore I do not expect anyone to endorse my final analysis but sadly those who could do better are now blocked.

Right….so first things first we have summed up PI , a feat without which this whole thread would be truly incomprehensible. Almost as incomprehensible as it was before David Styles gave his input.

To be real honest ,as I flip through these pearls of wisdom and humor ,these memorable moments of entertainment I realize the truth ….this thread is beyond summing up ….this thread was ruthlessly killed before it could mature into something beautiful that can be summed up……thanks to you Matthew

How do you sleep?

Matthew11

Not well, because you're alive.

Matthew11

I can and will rid this site of you.

zborg

Chickenrun's post was 16 days ago.  Laughing

I think you're safe now, Matthew11.

Matthew11

Join my blocked list troll.

-waller-

How many people on your blocked list so far? Did you know you can have a max. of 200?

ilikeflags
snakewit wrote:

Over 10,000 views- quite a [northern] s[c]um!

Matthew11
-waller- wrote:

How many people on your blocked list so far? Did you know you can have a max. of 200?

Not enough, but when I get to two hundred I'll start un-blocking random blitz morons.

Matthew11

For anyone against spam:

www.chess.com/groups/join.html?id=13913