Forums

Life-time diamond membership option

Sort:
immortalgamer

How bout it? Huge savings for a lifetime sponsorship of chess.com.

Conflagration_Planet

I guess nobody is interested.

Bugniduck
How much?
immortalgamer

Say like $599.00

WindowsEnthusiast

It used to be that diamond was life-time Platinum, but Chess.com can't afford it now at that price. Life-time diamond membership should sale for several thousand dollars.

orangehonda
immortalgamer wrote:

How bout it? Huge savings for a lifetime sponsorship of chess.com.

Not a bad idea -- some simply calculation like the average term of a user, then make them pay roughly that for a lifetime membership figuring either way you're getting at least par for the course.

I dunno how businesses figure prices like this, it's probably something a little more involved.  I like the idea though.

Conflagration_Planet
Windows-7_ wrote:

It used to be that diamond was life-time Platinum, but Chess.com can't afford it now at that price. Life-time diamond membership should sale for several thousand dollars.

Brilliant!!!!!! I'm sure everybody is going to be fighting to be first in line to pay SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS for a life time membership. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

erik

we used to offer this. if you want to do it, let me know :)

WindowsEnthusiast

I'm basing my price estimate over this:

Lifetime from the time most can pay for it is about 70 years at most. 70 x $95.88=$6711.60 for lifetime. Given that Chess.com gives discounts for longer periods I would say $5000 is a reasonable price.

But more important is that longer subscriptions than 1 year are needed-chessgames.com gives out 2- and 3- year subscriptions.

Conflagration_Planet
Windows-7_ wrote:

Lifetime from the time most can pay for it is about 70 years at most. 70 x $95.88=$6711.60 for lifetime. Given that Chess.com gives discounts for longer periods I would say $5000 is a reasonable price.

But more important is that longer subscriptions than 1 year are needed-chessgames.com gives out 2- and 3- year subscriptions.

Nobody is going to pay 5,000 for a life time membership. Nobody is going to be on this site for fifty years.

Beester

Manack

Does it let me take back moves at any point in the game? Laughing

Bugniduck
If I buy it, would it be like "chess.com--powered by jhbchess!". What I really want is for chess.com to organize a chess tournament here in Houston. How much for that?
WindowsEnthusiast
woodshover wrote:
Windows-7_ wrote:

Nobody is going to pay 5,000 for a life time membership. Nobody is going to be on this site for fifty years.

Another reason why Chess.com doesn't sell these.

(@Beester:Please take that down!)

WindowsEnthusiast
jhbchess wrote:
If I buy it, would it be like "chess.com--powered by jhbchess!". What I really want is for chess.com to organize a chess tournament here in Houston. How much for that?

Depends on the size of it. Interesting possible business. Tell erik about it.

WindowsEnthusiast
Manack wrote:

Does it let me take back moves at any point in the game?

If you use the game type "takeback".

Conflagration_Planet
Windows-7_ wrote:
woodshover wrote:
Windows-7_ wrote:

Another reason why Chess.com doesn't sell these.

(@Beester:Please take that down!)

No club or organanization bases their cost of a life time membership on what the next 50 years of an annual membership would cost. The next FEW years yes, but NEVER anywhere near fifty.

ZBicyclist

My alumni association has the following pricing:

1 year $64

5 year $274  (like 1 year free)

lifetime $950 (seniors $475 -- wonder why Wink)  Lifetime =4*5 = 20 yr

But that's an alumni association, which is pretty much a known entity. Nobody can realistically predict what chess.com (or competing sites) will be like in 10 years, except they will probably be different from now.  I think this option would have limited appeal.

immortalgamer

Just seems like a nice way to generate some income for the holiday season...Say limit it to like 200 slots, and make it some requirement that you have to have been a member for at least a year already.

Then make it a good price

200 x 595 is 119,000

Seems worth it for the bandwidth usage of those people.

immortalgamer

And it would be like a Jeweled Crown Icon to the distinguished few..something special for supporting Chess.com Cool