Magnus Carlsen vs Veselin Topalov - Nanjing Pearl Spring Chess Tournament 2010

ChessNetwork

This game is from the Nanjing Pearl Spring Chess Tournament 2010. It analyzes the Round 5 game of Magnus Carlsen of Norway vs Veselin Topalov of Bulgaria. The opening played was a Closed Ruy Lopez.

Comments are appreciated. :)

http://blog.chess.com/ChessNetwork/magnus-carlsen-vs-veselin-topalov---nanjing-pearl-spring-chess-tournament-2010

www.youtube.com/ChessNetwork

jimwei

a bit blury but good

ChessNetwork

How it is now? It was probably blurry since it was still being processed on YouTube.

Conflagration_Planet

Who won? I don't have time to watch right now.

orangehonda
woodshover wrote:

Carlsen pretty much won out of the opening, it was a short game, maybe 20 some moves.  Topa's opening was a bit passive (Bd7 instead of Be6) or so I'm told.

Conflagration_Planet
orangehonda wrote:
woodshover wrote:

Carlsen pretty much won out of the opening, it was a short game, maybe 20 some moves.  Topa's opening was a bit passive (Bd7 instead of Be6) or so I'm told.

Thanks!!!!!!! I didn't expect anybody to tell me. Now I'm logging off to go to work. BY.

jason17

I was very happy with the video. It was pretty instructive as far the basics of a closed Ruy, and the explanation about how strong Carlsen's bishops were throughout were nice as well. Also I appreciated you making allowing the more amateur viewers (like myself) aware of what tactics were on the board at any given moment, and how they could potentially play out. I would highly recommend it, along with most of your other youtube videos.

Estragon

Nice job! 

I even learned a new term - not bad for an older fellow.  I never heard the opening of a diagonal referred to as the Bishop being able to "see" a line.  I have often heard of Bishops "looking at" a square, though . . .

And I do know if a Bishop is called before the Holy See, he is probably in some sort of trouble!

Laughing

Carlsen seems to have his hands full against Bacrot today, though.

walkingcro

really great video with great annalyzation! I got a lot out of it thanks :)