magnus carlsen vs vishy anand

  • #1

    waiting for this great game

  • #2

    I would put the house on a very quiet draw.

  • #3

    You will wait for long, I guess: Carlsen plays Black in Tata Steel 2013...  Tongue Out

  • #4
    pfren wrote:

    You will wait for long, I guess: Carlsen plays Black in Tata Steel 2013... 

    hmmm  sir whom do u think will win?

  • #5
    mrkint wrote:

    I would put the house on a very quiet draw.

    buddy letshope this game turns out to be full of fireworks

  • #6
    abdulmajidsayem1 wrote:
    pfren wrote:

    You will wait for long, I guess: Carlsen plays Black in Tata Steel 2013... 

    hmmm  sir whom do u think will win?

    If I was assured that one side will win, then I would surely put my money on Carlsen. But I think that the most likely outcome is a draw.

  • #7

    Anyone know where I can watch the games?

    I know they are available on the tatasteelchess website but unsure if that comes with commentary or no. Being at work, I am going to have to have the headphones in and won't be able to have the games up on the screen all the time. Would still like to listen to the parts I can't watch though.

  • #8

    Chess.com has a live broadcast, chessbomb has the moves relayed but no commentary.

  • #9

    Hopefully we can have 12 more games between these two in the World Championships later this year!

  • #10
    Scottrf wrote:

    Chess.com has a live broadcast, chessbomb has the moves relayed but no commentary.

    Strange, I looked at the chess.com/tv schedule and it shows nothing for today.

  • #11

    Ah you're right, they did have some broadcasts for other days from the tournament.

  • #12

    Looking forward to Anand vs Carlsen, but disappointed that they will only meet once in this Tournament....seems unfair to me.

    My prediction is also a draw...why would either risk anything when there are lots of fish to still play?

  • #13

    Carlsen is almost 100 points higher so he should be wanting to win.

  • #14

    @ jesterville. it's a round robin, why do you think its unfair?

  • #15

    He is much stronger than most yet he draws fairly frequently. I think I read 50% somewhere. He may be relatively happy with a draw

  • #16

    is there anywhere other than chess.com that has live commentary on their stream? i LOVED watching the london chess classic. i wish more tournaments had full commentary like that.

  • #17
    Moyuba wrote:

    is there anywhere other than chess.com that has live commentary on their stream? i LOVED watching the london chess classic. i wish more tournaments had full commentary like that.

    So far I have only found www.tatasteelchess.com. I know they show the games but not sure if they have commentary. I am just having to wait until the event starts to find out. It looks promising though.

  • #18
    Genghiskhant wrote:

    He is much stronger than most yet he draws fairly frequently. I think I read 50% somewhere. He may be relatively happy with a draw

    Well each draw lowers his rating, he doesn't draw much more than anyone else considering his lack of losses. Carlsen only lost twice I think in 2012 classical games, one of them against Caruana when he had a draw by repetition if he wanted it. Anand on the other hand has won four times (Aronian, Gelfand, Caruana, Jones) in about his last 30 games of classical chess so why would a draw be pleasing for Carlsen? Good for Anand maybe but I think Carlsen will want to win.

  • #19

    Is Carlsen trying to prove something by playing the Petroff against Anand or is he seriously playing for a draw?

  • #20

    Still how much time left for the game to start?? Anybody?

Top
or Join

Online Now