Forums

magnus carlsen vs vishy anand

Sort:
Angom_Nongsha_Singh

Noh. I mean your game, the game in which you found similarity with the spanish!.

cyberdynsystemsmodel

countdown begins

trysts

I play the Spanish opening probably thousands of times. The similarity is the White's white-squared bishop going to b5, a4, and b3, while Black's knight goes to a5. Black having pawns at a5, b4, d6, and e5.

abdulmajidsayem1
pfren wrote:
abdulmajidsayem1 wrote:
pfren wrote:

You will wait for long, I guess: Carlsen plays Black in Tata Steel 2013... 

hmmm  sir whom do u think will win?

If I was assured that one side will win, then I would surely put my money on Carlsen. But I think that the most likely outcome is a draw.

okay sir..:)

Angom_Nongsha_Singh

Oh :)

abdulmajidsayem1
pfren wrote:

It seems that it's not long before Vishy and Magnus shake hands.

sir due to heavy snowfall power has been cut here so i wont b able to see d matchCry..:(

Angom_Nongsha_Singh

Draw is inevitable!

Scottrf

Drawn.

Angom_Nongsha_Singh

Draw.. Carlsen get well soon.

abdulmajidsayem1
pfren wrote:
abdulmajidsayem1 wrote:
pfren wrote:

It seems that it's not long before Vishy and Magnus shake hands.

sir due to heavy snowfall power has been cut here so i wont b able to see d match..:(

I can assure you you don't lose much...

sir just came online to see the result you where right game is drawn....sir was it drawn due to carlsens bad health?

abdulmajidsayem1
pfren wrote:
abdulmajidsayem1 wrote:

sir just came online to see the result you where right game is drawn....sir was it drawn due to carlsens bad health?

We will never know. What we know is that it was a dull opening, with an even duller middlegame. No fight at all.

sir i had expected it to be full of energy and fireworks...anyways sir why isnt kramnik playing?

rooperi

I noticed a strange thing...

On move 20, Carlsen had 1:20, and his time went down all the way to 0:49.

I was wondering why he took such a long time for the move, but as soon as he moved Qxb2, his time went back to 1:19.

Maybe a 'medical' adjournment?

abdulmajidsayem1

hmmm

jesterville

@ jesterville. it's a round robin, why do you think its unfair?

......................................................................................

Because they don't get to play each other with both the Black and White pieces. Half of the participants play an extra game with White...while the other half play an extra game with Black. Clearly, those 7 with the extra White game has an advantage. The luck of the draw decides your fate.

jesterville

IM pfren,

What is your position on my last post? I am certain you have played in such a format before. Don't you feel a bit cheated when say the strongest players get favourable matchups with white...and you may have gotten worst matchups with Black?

TheOldReb

If they play a DRR you are talking about 26 games and this would take more than a month most likely . Ofcourse you could have half the # of participants and make it a DRR .  Its not an easy solution either way . 

jesterville

Thanks for your feedback NM Reb. Do you have a personal dislike about this? I think I would....and has this "problem" been discussed at your pro level?

TheOldReb

I am not a pro .... not even close but thanks !  I would like to see a DRR myself as I agree with you that its not very fair for some to have an extra white game while others have an extra black. One solution would be to make the event 15 players and then everyone could have an equal number of whites and blacks . This would mean though that every player would also have an extra day off , a " bye " . 

jesterville

Maybe it's just one of those situations where pros consider it "par for the course" in chess. I would imagine though, that this must have been tabled as a concern to organisers/governing body. 

jesterville

I would imagine that if having odd number of players would level the playing field, then a "bye" for each player would be welcomed by all. The more I contemplate about this, the more surprised I am that this is not a major issue of contention amongst players, as well as, I am surprised that organisers would not favour say the odd number of players format...to ensure the Tournament is honest. Is FIDE also silent on this?...or maybe this issue is being discussed at that level.