x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Mindset of Top 100 Players

I just want to know what they think about the game while playing! what's their psychology that makes them ahead is there any secret... What they think ? Is they are positive & confidence enough to rule out win from lossing position whey they faced amateur players.? How they prepare their mind that they have to move best play best every time they faced players?How?🙄🙄🙄

$$$

Esp918 nice job blocking me
    They drink Red Bull. Just sayin.

LethalRook_1892 wrote:

They drink Red Bull. Just sayin.

Red Bull gives you wings🦅🦅

ESP-918 wrote:

$$$

OK....I will follow this tip👌
    Maybe they don’t prepare their minds, but rather years/decades of training, playing, and feedback (from self and others) help them rule out bad moves and easily come up with a decent move, even against similar high-rates folks. Confidence in a technical subject like chess has to be preceded by a strong concrete foundation of knowledge, rather than vice-versa.

LethalRook_1892 wrote:

Esp918 nice job blocking me

Don't thank me, you earned it.

dannyhume wrote:

Maybe they don’t prepare their minds, but rather years/decades of training, playing, and feedback (from self and others) help them rule out bad moves and easily come up with a decent move, even against similar high-rates folks. Confidence in a technical subject like chess has to be preceded by a strong concrete foundation of knowledge, rather than vice-versa.

😮😮oooo

First of all, they have an extensive memory for patterns and many of them say they usually don't look ahead more than a couple moves because they know the possible developments that come from each pattern.  Of course, they have encyclopedic knowledge of openings, tactics, strategies, and endgame techniques.

.. Solely, from a 'Reward' term perspective ; I would imagine, that, a combination, of fantasizing, that their high 'rating' means, considerably More, than it does, in Real beneficial terms, {aside, from the Ego, gratification factor}.. plays a role !

MickinMD wrote:

First of all, they have an extensive memory for patterns and many of them say they usually don't look ahead more than a couple moves because they know the possible developments that come from each pattern.  Of course, they have encyclopedic knowledge of openings, tactics, strategies, and endgame techniques.

Nice 👍

ciarli wrote:

Rishabah Yadavah ..they dont think either or they are overconfident and it is ridiculous among them to think simple patterns!

😜
    Just ask them.

.. Regardless, of the 'sport' involved ; Not, being burdened, with psychological problems ; Is a definite, advantage ! ..{commonly known, in 'chess'.. as problems, "Away, from, the board"}.

https://www.self.com/story/gracie-gold-is-taking-time-off-from-skating-to-seek-professional-help

ChrisWainscott wrote:

Just ask them.

What I do here? I asked it in forum....Lots of Top 100 players already played here chess.com🤣🤣

Like almost all other sports, they practice so much on the patterns on the board that it's almost instinctive to them. If you divide the class of all chess players by pre-rigorous (plays mostly by intuition), rigorous (calculation, based on theories) and post-rigorous (intuition and ideas, galvanized by rigor) stages, then the top-100 is clearly in the higher spectrum of the post-rigorous stage.

Online Now