Sort:
Sokrates1984
[COMMENT DELETED]
trysts

I vote for the third option: Silly.

Sokrates1984
[COMMENT DELETED]
Sokrates1984

I just find it is anti chess. Not wanting to move. It is just so much not the way I wanna play, so he got too my mind. Which was the intension.

trysts
Sokrates1984 wrote:

I just find it is anti chess. Not wanting to move. It is just so much not the way I wanna play, so he got too my mind. Which was the intension.

Are you sure he wasn't just calculating his moves?

ivandh

Not everyone can beat a guy who is down a half-hour.

Sokrates1984

Yeah... pretty sure. I mean offcourse he did something. But he spend. 1:30 on 18 opening moves in non tactical opening. And he is a Tactian. My instinckt says he did on purpuse. I also the kind of guy that compliment you under blitz games etc. and talk about how he dosnt now anything about chess. untill he wins.. so is pretty sure..

Sokrates1984

No.. Me either.. He just tricks me with the mister nice guy thing. I have played junior championship. So know about the mind tricks.. Have a long fight against a endgame loving time comsumer tomorrow. Any ideas how to stay patient and sharp in theese positions against theese type of players?

Sokrates1984

I mean when you use to TT. in the 2200 - 2300.. then you brain isn´t really comfortable with working that slow.

ivandh

Here's an idea: don't waste time coming up with conspiracy theories about why they just wasted a half-hour?

XLBass

Less paranoia - more concentration

Sokrates1984

:-)

Sokrates1984

How do you guys use 3 hours on a chess game. I just can find that much to calculate?

Sokrates1984

espially in a non tactical position, where my opponent is playing nest best moves.. It is hard for me to stay sharp.

trysts
Sokrates1984 wrote:

How do you guys use 3 hours on a chess game. I just can find that much to calculate?

Same here. I'm not good enough to be in a position that would use up 3 hours of thinking.

XLBass

Take your ADD meds an hour BEFORE the game

Sokrates1984

I have 1720... Playing in a group up players at 2200.. I just need a system of when to think. I have good intuition. So normally even when playing fast moves a stay in the game... But If I wanna get better patient is the a must. I just find it boring, so need a system to discipline myself.

Sokrates1984

I have. A played a 2050. guy and he draw my winning position. in hes time trouble, because I started playing fast to.. But I am good at blitz chess. I really have to get my time manegement under control!

trysts

I know Tal tells a story about thinking of how to pull a Hippopotamus out of a hole, while it was his turn to move.

Sokrates1984

nice. :-)