Forums

Okay or bad behavior?

Sort:
Sokrates1984

Dont you guys, Find chess booring. I mean thinking about pawn strukture for an hour? Any ideas comment here?

Sokrates1984

Many of the think you have to calculate in chess are booring. heh.. dont you think?

ivandh

I think endgames are pretty boring.

trysts
Sokrates1984 wrote:

Dont you guys, Find chess booring. I mean thinking about pawn strukture for an hour? Any ideas comment here?

When I'm inspired, I think chess and all it's intricacies, is very exciting. But, my mind definitely has periods of dullness concerning chess.

Arctor

I think endgames are pretty fascinating. Different strokes for different folks

hankas

LOL. Remember what Tal said how he used his time to ponder how to remove a hippo from a swamp using helicopters, cranes, and such, before he finally made a move which was based purely on guts feeling. I guess many grandmasters probably don't spend that much time thinking.  Capa was known to chat and socialize with people in between moves. Smyslov was known to walk about in between moves. Botvinnik was probably the only one who sat tight throughout the game. I wonder if there is a player who suddenly drops to 20 (doing push up) while waiting for his opponent to make his move. That'd be funny. Laughing

browni3141
trysts wrote:
Sokrates1984 wrote:

How do you guys use 3 hours on a chess game. I just can find that much to calculate?

Same here. I'm not good enough to be in a position that would use up 3 hours of thinking.

I can't seem to find enough time to calculate in any normal position. The longer I think about the position the more possibilities I see, and the more I want to analyse. It's really hard for me to play CC sometimes because it's hard for me to commit to moves without calculating everything, which basically means it's always hard for me to play CC.

Sokrates1984

Like the last idea.. Just. to bad you will mess up any chess player in the rooms concentration. Just ment to mind trick the one against me. some of the other guys or my friends. How can you keep bying hype.. forcing his relaxing style. mentally over the board. lay back against my hype concentration style.

Sokrates1984

Yeah. I just have good intuition. 8-10. comes the right move to me within seconds.. I guessed i without that wouldnt be near 1700-1800.. With my fast fingers.

trysts
browni3141 wrote:

I can't seem to find enough time to calculate in any normal position. The longer I think about the position the more possibilities I see, and the more I want to analyse. It's really hard for me to play CC sometimes because it's hard for me to commit to moves without calculating everything, which basically means it's always hard for me to play CC.

Yes, I've been in positions in CC where my position is fine the way it is, and it's really, really hard to commit to a way to proceedLaughing

Sokrates1984

Maybee 5-10.. :-) Do any of you have a system before every move... checking system or something?

Sokrates1984

I should have played the board instead of my opponent. I didnt respect my opponent, but a least I could have respected the royal game.

trysts
Sokrates1984 wrote:

Maybee 5-10.. :-) Do any of you have a system before every move... checking system or something?

I drink.

Sokrates1984

Yes. is only sometime you are inspired. I must have a win today. I shall have 1,9 off 7.. and i have 1.5 off 3... But today is the last game against a player at my own rating level. So hope I get inspired today.

Sokrates1984

Would be a anti climaks to have draw first time against a 2000 player and then loose. Rating. :-)

Sokrates1984

Any ideas to force a tactical game with the with peaces. Against a universal, playing for a draw player?

Sokrates1984

White

trysts
Sokrates1984 wrote:

Would be a anti climaks to have draw first time against a 2000 player and then loose. Rating. :-)

I was playing a blitz tournament on FICS, and beat a 2047 in my first game, then an 1800(something) in the second game(I was only rated 1450). But I got so excited that I would win, that I couldn't concentrate on my last game at all!Laughing

Sokrates1984

I know. But I thought I would counter trick my brain in win today. In stille lost. And I have spend so much energy trying to avoided exatly that.

Sokrates1984

:-) It is so stupid. But so normal. :-)