Forums

Okay or bad behavior?

Sort:
ivandh
Sokrates1984 wrote:

spend so much energy trying to avoided exatly that.

That is why you lost.

trysts
Sokrates1984 wrote:

I know. But I thought I would counter trick my brain in win today. In stille lost. And I have spend so much energy trying to avoided exatly that.

Tricking your brain is pretty difficult, isn't it?Laughing

Sokrates1984

Totally impossible! But I nearly got to a winning endgame, and then I thought it would have climb out of lazyness and started to fight. But yeah. It is though really though.

trysts
Sokrates1984 wrote:

Totally impossible! But I nearly got to a winning endgame, and then I thought it would have climb out of lazyness and started to fight. But yeah. It is though really though.

Yes, I do so much better when I don't care if I win or lose. The moment I start getting excited, I leave the moment and start to think about the future. Then I get chess-blindnessLaughing

Sokrates1984

I start loosing when I get exited and loss my first game. I can keep it, as long as the momentum is working for me.

trysts

Good luck with your next game, Sokrates1984. I hope you winSmile

sean2012
Sokrates1984 wrote:

I just find it is anti chess. Not wanting to move. It is just so much not the way I wanna play, so he got too my mind. Which was the intension.

Why would you sit there that long.  No move after about 5 minutes - just resign and go on with the next game.   \

People here just need to get it in perspective.  It's just a little board game for heavens sake.

Sokrates1984

It is a tournament with money prizes, and I play in the highest rated group. And just draw against the third best player in my town. You are right. But thats the problem. He is playing on my perspektive, instead of the board. But still you cant just walk, when you play in a real tournament.

Sokrates1984

Thanks. :-)

Cystem_Phailure
Sokrates1984 wrote:

Is waiting 30 minuts before making a sutle and somehow obvious move 

The move was both subtle and obvious?  It would take me longer than 30 minutes to find any move like that in any game.

Sokrates1984

he was considering to move Qh3 or Qg3.. in 30 minuts. I took the d-file with my rook. And he spent 30 minuts replacing hes Quenn. There where like 3 moves to consider and it was in the start of the middlegame. He his really good for a 1700 player. If 30 minuts make a differense for him in that situation.

Sokrates1984
[COMMENT DELETED]
Frankdawg
Sokrates1984 wrote:

Is waiting 30 minuts before making a sutle and somehow obvious move to get the opponent sleepy and relaxed, and make him make mistakes good strategy og bad behavior in a OTB game?

Your clock is yours to use how you see fit. However if you are in a clearly lost position making your opponent wait until your clock runs out b4 resignation is unsportsmanlike in my opinion when playing with longe clock settings.

Sokrates1984

Maybee you are right but still.. I would played better if could do tactic trainer in the breaks.. I just get boored.

Sokrates1984

I just always play to mate. even When there was mate in one he waited to Provoke me! IDIOT!

Sokrates1984

When im loosing I play fast in respekt of my opponent. Loosing would be behind knight, and having no compensation or counter play. Or a rook.

Sokrates1984

It just sad to be that bad at chess that you playing psyking game with the clock. Next time play him a shuffle my peaces.. all game or look over his shoulder. you have to play back at something like that or else you would lose! Even if it low.

Ex-parrot

Ha ha.

You probably overlooked something and your opponent did not.  You could ask your opponents after the game.  This has happened to me against higher rated opponents, I ask them what they were thinking about for so long, and then they go on to show me all the great variations I missed.

Sokrates1984

I did ask him. I didnt overlooken anything. I even run to my computer, and it said I even with the Black peaces after 18 moves. A had the Bishop pair and a better pawn strukture, he had initiativ and king attack against a very defende black king. No I was the one with the deepest understanding of the position. Before a blundered. but I honously think he was trying to mind trick me. I told him yesterday I had played the last ten games without loosing, and then I think he decided to win a different way. I halfly amiddet it when I compliment hes ability to make me fall a sleep. Offcourse I was just checking how far off he where from my values. Hes also a hustler trash talker in blitz games. Where it offcourse is a lot more legal. :-) He talk to me about how bad he is, and how good I am. So I could feel sorry for him. Mental is a huge part off chess.

Sokrates1984

he had 20 minuts left for 22 moves. I am so frustrated a made I mistake. But it is so hard not to. When you are waiting so much of the time.