Paul Morphy's Rating>2638

• 7 months ago · Quote · #221

panafricain

---deleted for copyright infringement---

Copyright infringment or censorship ? The image was from a magazine published in the 1964 in which Fischer wrote an article about his ten favorite players. I don't really understand where the copyright infringment stems from.

The quote from Fischer has also be erased. Is there a copy infringment on what he said ? 

• 6 months ago · Quote · #222

King343

panafricain wrote:

---deleted for copyright infringement---

Copyright infringment or censorship ? The image was from a magazine published in the 1964 in which Fischer wrote an article about his ten favorite players. I don't really understand where the copyright infringment stems from.

The quote from Fischer has also be erased. Is there a copy infringment on what he said ? 

panafrican

who wins between Morphy and Steinitz?

• 6 months ago · Quote · #223

Senior-Lazarus_Long

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 months ago · Quote · #224

Medusaz

Long thread.. I don't think anyone can guess his rating but if Fischer himself looked up to him having a 2785 ELO and +125 more than Spassky who was previously the wold champion (considering it would be very difficult to get to 2800+ since most were 2600 and 2500 unlike now) then I'd say he could be as good as any of the top players today.

The problem is he never had a real challenge so we can't know how far he could have pushed himself.

One thing's for sure, without having people to look up to or theory, it's a lot more difficult to get better and he seemd to play a whole lot better than the people from his time. Anyone can re-invent the wheel. 

Post your reply: