FREE - In Google Play
FREE - in Win Phone Store
As we all know from past Chess Championship matches, both the games and the players tend to influence trends in Chess for several years afterward.
Therefore these are my predictions of the effects of this current WCC match!
1. Magnus Carlson will retire from chess and begin a new career as a model!
2. The Reti....is still not ready for prime time!
3. The d3 anti Berlin line of the Ruy Lopez will be re-named the "Anti-Insommia Gambit"
4. Anand's soon to be published book on Rook and Pawn endgames, will NOT be a best seller!
5. As Magnus Carlson gets closer to an ELO of 3000, Houdini will be renamed " Magnus"
6. This match wil be forever known as the "snore of the century"
7. Ben Finegold will be the first stand up chess comedian!
lol nice +1
well I thought it was funny!
I don't know why people are counting Anand out. Just because he has 3 blacks and 2 whites to make up 2 points, seems to be happy with drawing, is psyched out by Magnus and weaker in the endgame, and in the waning stages of his career - one win and he is back in it!
But first he must overcome the Berlin Wall, not an easy feat, it appears...
Anand's only chance is a breakthrough win that shakes Carlsen's confidence, then he might get a second to send it to tiebreakers.
But Carlsen looks as cool and confident as can be. Watch how he sits in his chair, often slouching back with a leg crossed. He's not worried at all.
Vishy, OTOH, is constantly hunched forward, and showing nervous ticks with his fingers and lips.
are you blind?? anand is out, again he is playin for draw today . there is not fight, vishy is ruining chess.