Forums

"Game of the day" should feature chess.com member games

Sort:
stocksAndChess1

Chess.com has a daily icon known as "game of the day". From what I gather, it features a random game from the chess.com master database.

I would like to propose that instead of choosing master games, chess.com should choose a game played on the chess.com site - a random one, of ANY rating criteria.

I have some arguments:

1) This would make chess.com different from other sites (notably chessgames.com)

2) this gives the community an opportunity to analyze games and we can see how different levels think about different chess positions

Just my two cents. Tell me what you think!

rookendings

nice

stocksAndChess1

Thanks!

ivandh

It's a good idea, would be really cool to have chess.com games featured. I think some criteria are needed, otherwise you're going to get games that were abandoned on the 6th move or stuff like that.

trysts

Who's going to play through the thousands of games a day to decide?

stocksAndChess1

@ivandh your'e right!

@trysts random games

Tjornan

Yeah definitely cool idea, but obviously there need to be some parameters to prevent bad games. Possibly a submissions page? and then maybe vote on the best game?

Seems like an awful lot of work though.

stocksAndChess1

not that much work - just make sure it is greater than 5 moves or so.

nextkasparov345

I think it's a great idea!

ElKitch

yeah, nice idea! but a random game is very random.. there must be some way to select a game without having to run through 1000s of games. I don know how, though. 

mvtjc

I don't think it's a bad idea but I don't think it's a good idea either. I won't join a chess website which features a game hanging pieces. Quality is very important and I'm not saying that games played in this site are bad, but there are better. That's why it's "Game of the Day", it must be an entertaining one.

ElKitch

I had an idea for some objective criteria that could give interesting member games:

Chess.com perhaps can see what games are most commented on. Or most spectated. Or the highest rated game of the week. Or tournamentwinning games.