Forums

R database players scared of playing real chess?

Sort:
frankyyy27

lmao manfred....i think I met u on the mother ship...lif

frankyyy27

kinky but nice...mmm...my main point is chess is a game

Ziryab
manfredmann wrote:

Hmmm, I see that by move 8 you and Frankyyy were certainly out of the 'database'

I thought we were out when his queen took my pawn. 

frankyyy27

and i'll alwa yyyyyyyyyy s treat it that way.....should be fun

frankyyy27

I thought it was bad sportmanship z when after 4 mvs u started to chat about what I shoudave done..about time u looked in a mirror

Ziryab
Ziryab wrote:
manfredmann wrote:

Hmmm, I see that by move 8 you and Frankyyy were certainly out of the 'database'

I thought we were out when his queen took my pawn. 

Wow, my database has games two moves longer than I would expect. Most surprising, there is a game between to Category 1 players from which we did not diverge until move six.

Ziryab
frankyyy27 wrote:

I thought it was bad sportmanship z when after 4 mvs u started to chat about what I shoudave done..about time u looked in a mirror

Fair point. It shows that we had different expectations for the game. Had you observed that you thought I was being a poor sport, you would have received an instant apology.

However, you said that I was boring you. Given your general opposition to learning anything that has been abundantly demonstrated in this thread and others, I came to an understanding that you had no interest in knowing why I would have had no reason to consult databases even if we had permitted them in our game.

My next two moves were standard moves in the Kan, and if you pore through my game history, you can find dozens of examples of me playing these moves in one minute, three minute, and five minute chess. 

frankyyy27

Zzzzzz thanks for sending me to sleep z.....bad sportsman..another form of cheating is barraking ur opponet....guess u dont care;)

frankyyy27

certain sports trash talk is ok...i prefer to play chess as a gent...

Ziryab
manfredmann wrote:

There is a line, different opening, in the Hyper-Accelerated Dragon where the queen takes on d4, hitting the Rh8, then Nf6, e5, Nc6, Qe4 etc

But I haven't seen a move like Qxc6!? since the famous Bob Hope vs Bobby Fischer encounter 1972.

Yes, general principles can be spurned when a tactical opportunity presents. The queen also pops out quickly in the Scandinavian, and then runs to the a-file, as in this game.

Ziryab
frankyyy27 wrote:

For G-d's sake. It was a teaching game. We just didn't understand it the same way.

The only trash talking was your comment in this thread that was deleted (I suspect by a site administrator).

baddogno
frankyyy27 wrote:

Uh Frankyyy...I ain't no gent myself but that's not from lack of opportunity to become one.  I've gone to school with gents, I've been in the service with gents, I've had a few friends who were gents.  Frankyyy, you're no gent.

frankyyy27

nope z....i hit the wrong button....self deleted...im happy im no gent in ur chess snob eues im proud of my humble rating...self earnt..;)

frankyyy27

im a lover of many sports and games...even if ur rated 2000 plus still millions of better chess players out there...u should focus on enjoyment

varelse1

What is "Real Chess" just out of curiousity?

frankyyy27

no problem with database use....yet again I state that if ur using it should b shown on the screen...dont think im being unreasonable

frankyyy27

real chess is just playing on a level playing field....if u wanna learn just play a computer or play someone who agrees to the use of aids :)

Scottrf
frankyyy27 wrote:

real chess is just playing on a level playing field....if u wanna learn just play a computer or play someone who agrees to the use of aids :)

By playing correspondence chess that is what I'm doing.

Next.

Ziryab
Scottrf wrote:
frankyyy27 wrote:

By playing correspondence chess that is what I'm doing.

Next.

There's a separate forum for site suggestions.

You could join the Circle of Trust group. They all have CoT OTB next to their names. Aberrant behavior merits marking, not normal. CoT folks at least acknowledge their difference without seeking to impose it on normal players.

-waller-

I'm really not sure what the guy means by "level playing field" - everybody has the same databases available.