Radjabov's sexist and racist comments

thaskaiser
alekhineslovechild wrote:

An actual example why intelligence is not linked to chess skill.

Indeed I'm a bad chess player happy.png

alekhineslovechild
CarlsensMagnets wrote:

"My initial comment is about how Floyd's case is filled with problems - racism and abuse of power - that the BLM movement is aiming to address."

There's that word again, 'racism'. This is why these protests will never go anywhere, it's not based on facts, and is taking away focus from the real corruption problems within the police force and government.

You said yourself that I was wrong in my assessment about your motive, now you said it yourself that you think there's systemic racism among white cops. What is the stance here really? 

"No one likened cops to extermination squads"

That's exactly what many people believe and you entertain that notion by saying there's systemic racism.

Once again, I did not say there is systemic racism among cops. The circumstance surrounding George Floyd's death can be interpreted as displaying 1) racism due to the excessive force applied and 2) abuse of power because of the condescending attitude observed from the the cop's dialogue and actions. My whole argument is grounded on this. 

The extermination squad was inserted by someone else and had no bearing to my argument.

In case it is not yet clear even at this time, my comment was about the influence of George Floyd's death and its significance to the BLM movement, not about the politics you were discussing with llama and a few other people.

The 'systemic racism' you keep bringing up is something you were arguing with someone else, and unrelated to my comments. Reading comprehension is very important, and one should listen not only to respond but also to understand.

thaskaiser

My point is that in Italy you have blatant cases of racism like throwing bananas to black players. While in America depending on how you twist the facts context and statistics you have cases in which a lot of variables played a role before even considering racism.

Another point is that if you manage to fix it in you own country you may come up with solutions and share them.

Problem5826
alekhineslovechild wrote:
Problem5826 wrote:
alekhineslovechild wrote:

I think the exact circumstances behind the George Floyd incident was the reason it became so important. I don't remember the exact content but I remember the gist of it was that Floyd fully cooperated with the cops and yet it ended with his death. Look it up for yourself. The case has a powerful narrative that fits the agenda of arguably the largest movement in recent history. And I'm all here for it.

 

I have looked it up for myself. He was suffering from a fentanyl overdose before anyone laid a hand on him. He couldn't breathe whilst he was still in his own vehicle. He insisted on getting back out of the police car after being detained, and insisted on laying on the ground. I've actually been overdosing when I was a quite silly teen and I typically wanted to be face down too. The police never seemed to treat it like a medical emergency - I presume because they thought he was having them on - and decided to use restraining techniques which were completely out of line. This is the basic police camera footage than anyone can see.

The official autopsy found no evidence to support a diagnosis of strangulation or asphyxia.

You tell me what to think then. I'm genuinely open to hearing what you have to say, but I certainly don't think that even this crucial case supports a narrative that police are some kind of extermination squad.

How can you say he couldn't breathe while in his car? It's not mentioned anywhere. If you could link me to something it's much appreciated. Substances in his system were listed under "other significant conditions" and not "cause of death." He was lucid, responded to commands, and displayed situational awareness when he was supposed to be overdosed.

Asphyxia was not listed as the cause of death; it was cardiac arrest because of the high pressure applied to his neck-area.

No one likened cops to extermination squads. Please keep your strawmen to yourself. My initial comment is about how Floyd's case is filled with problems - racism and abuse of power - that the BLM movement is aiming to address. 

 

Right, so you haven't even watched the video then. He was lawfully detained and insisted on laying on the ground based on OD'ing, he didn't just appear on the ground like magic.

The official autopsy did not make a diagnosis which made the police officer to blame for cause of death.

You likened Floyd's death to racism and abuse of power, but are yet to prove either.

alekhineslovechild

"Right, so you haven't even watched the video then. He was lawfully detained and insisted on laying on the ground based on OD'ing, he didn't just appear on the ground like magic."

I asked because you said he couldn't breath in his car. He was breathing just fine before the arrest, and even had time to respond to the cop's questions during the early stages.

"The official autopsy made absolutely no diagnosis which made the police officer to blame for cause of death."

Of course the autopsy did not make a diagnosis that a cop was the cause of death. It's an autopsy, not a court ruling. It just systematically recorded the bodily conditions of his death, which showed cardiac arrest due to pressure in the neck area.

"You likened Floyd's death to racism and abuse of power, but are yet to prove either."

A cop was a direct cause of death to a man in custody. How is this not abuse of power? And of course, the age old narrative of excessive force applied to black men such as the strict monitoring of N.W.A's freedom of speech, and President Nixon's aide, John Ehrlichman's explicit admission that black people as a whole were labeled an enemy in the war on drugs. In this case, the excessive restraining techniques utilized by the cop against a black man. If you cannot draw parallels and link them to the BLM movement's mission, then I don't know what to tell you.

Problem5826
alekhineslovechild wrote:

"Right, so you haven't even watched the video then. He was lawfully detained and insisted on laying on the ground based on OD'ing, he didn't just appear on the ground like magic."

He was breathing just fine before the arrest.

"The official autopsy made absolutely no diagnosis which made the police officer to blame for cause of death."

Of course the autopsy did not make a diagnosis that a cop was the cause of death. It's an autopsy, not a court ruling. It just systematically studies the bodily conditions of his death, which showed cardiac arrest due to pressure in the neck area.

"You likened Floyd's death to racism and abuse of power, but are yet to prove either."

A cop was a direct cause of death to a man in custody. How is this not abuse of power? And of course, the age old narrative of excessive force applied to black men such as the strict monitoring of N.W.A's freedom of speech, and President Nixon's aide, John Ehrlichman's explicit admission that black people as a whole were labeled an enemy in the war on drugs.

 

1. he was not breathing fine, hence he was on the floor

2. you are now asking me to listen to you, a random internet person, over an official autopsy. A reasonable person will understand why this is not acceptable. You are now arguing that a court needs to decide, yet you have decided that it was a systemic killing. I'm saying based on what evidence, and you have none.

3. Not a convincing argument in the least based on a very standard line of reasoning which you haven't dealt with too well. You very clearly haven't even looked into the info outside of some very predictable sources, yet you tell others to "look into it for yourselves".

chessgirl8090

hey ethanguy. I like your thinking. you're 100% right. don't let people give hate on this.

the_aleph

Logs on, sees people arguing the toss about how George Floyd died, logs off again.

david

OK folks, I tried - clearly people are insisting on making this political, so I am now locking this thread. If you'd like to continue discussing it, there are a number of private clubs where I'm sure they'd love to revisit these same topics, probably with much the same people, such as Open Discussion

Cheers,

David, moderator

This forum topic has been locked