Forums

Relationship between Chess rating and I.Q?

Sort:
crimwist

Wow such anger here. I just happened onto this post. I myself am in the custom painting business and do ok for chess.com. I never ever use a search engine just my own gray matter. If you practice anything long enough you'll get good at it. The reason players have high ratings is the time spent on studying chess and playing chess. As in everything in life there are prodigies in every area of life. I enjoy playing low and high rated players and it is my experience that higher rated players act more enraged when they lose to lower rated. Sad but it's true. I'll bet Uwinagain knows his trig to do those angle cuts whereas the higher rated sometimes use the nail to pound in the hammer:) Play chess and get over yourselves!

Hyper-Gamma-Spaces

uwinagain wrote:

Hyper-Gamma-Spaces wrote:

uwinagain wrote:

uwinagain wrote:

People with high ratings... please try to get over yourselves!

Just because you are good at chess does not mean you are exceptionally intelligent!

Just because you know how to use a paint brush, that doesn't make you Michael Angelo.. 

Uwinagain: live chesss standard: 790

Online chess: 1167

Tactics: 1047

Need I say more?

I think that comment says more about you than it does me!

Unfortunately you aren't capable of "Thinking" at all. Thats why all of your ratings are so low. You're frustrated because you're too dumb to be able to get good at chess.

You mean get "better" at chess don't you?

Please.. don't embarrass yourself any further, you are coming across as a complete snob.

Just saying..

This is coming from a failed wannabe writer who lacks the intelligence required to be able to learn how to play chess, and so brags endlessly about some correspondence rating obtained from using a chess program, as any 10 year old would be able to do.

Now you go around looking for forum threads where intelligent people are having an intelligent discussion, and start insulting people because you feel intimidated and are frustrated about your lack of ability.

You need to learn how to come to terms with your lack of intelligence and lack of skills without disrupting others.

Go back to your construction site and carry some bricks somewhere, cretin!

Hyper-Gamma-Spaces

Uwinagain, crimwist, feufoklet, how many accounts do you have here? I guess you have a lot of free time on your hands considering that you no longer work, have no friends, and have nothing better to do than harass people while hiding behind your computer. You make it all too obvious that you're the same person. You even use the same whiny expression over and over again. It's you who needs to get over yourself. Get over the fact that you were born with a below average to average range of intelligence and let those who are more intelligent live in peace. We will always need ditch-diggers, toilet-cleaners, construction labourers, etc, so you will always have a place in this world. Just live and let live.

uwinagain

Wow! You really do have a problem Gamma!

Incredible! lol Laughing

Pulpofeira

So you moved to the States, mr. Fruitfly?

marcosite

Uwinagain, crimwist, feufoklet, how many accounts do you have here? I guess you have a lot of free time on your hands considering that you no longer work, have no friends, and have nothing better to do than harass people while hiding behind your computer. You make it all too obvious that you're the same person. You even use the same whiny expression over and over again. It's you who needs to get over yourself. Get over the fact that you were born with a below average to average range of intelligence and let those who are more intelligent live in peace. We will always need ditch-diggers, toilet-cleaners, construction labourers, etc, so you will always have a place in this world. Just live and let live.

Take a breath, Hyper-gamma....Some people will always have a place in the world, though you think it pitiful.  

uwinagain

Six posts on only this topic... no friends.. ???

Fruitfly Pulp? Hmm Laughing

Pulpofeira

Yes, the smart guy named me fruitfly during one of his previous incarnations. He used to live in Canad. Well, as a fruitfly probably is one of my grandgrandchildren who is typing this...

crimwist

Excuse me but I worked all my life averaging 5000 hrs per year and still managed to play chess(including running an 8 man crew). Computer? I just got my 1st laptop this year. Why are you so hostile? I have a ton of friends and very few play chess. My chess friends are professional friends and would never act or talk the way you do. Where is my whining by the way?? I'm talking coherently and logically to you. Think you could manage that for one post??

marcosite

..so...hyper-gamma?  Take no notice.  You cannot prove chess ability by the job you do or the life you lead. Back to the drawing board.Wink 

uwinagain

If Hyper Gamma had a drawing board I think it would be a self portrait! Laughing

crimwist

Can hyper-gamma draw??:) Just kidding don't have a stroke!

marcosite

Don't be mean....I can lend a pencil if it helps....Innocent

crimwist

I better sharpen it though, takes skill to do that.

marcosite

Ha...hand & eye co-orinadion an' all that.  Make sure you have paper.  Construction workers can overlook it. Wink

Feufollet

LaughingI think hyper-gamma is mentally disturbed.

uwinagain

You have to be able to tuck the pencil behind your ear too..

Don't overlook that skill.. lol Laughing

crimwist

Hmmm....maybe he wants a group hugCry.

uwinagain

Yeh.. Come here Gamma, let me give you a hug! Laughing

marcosite

Yikes..what if you have no ear to tuck a pencil behind?  it's a worry, hyper-gamma....