Forums

SCID vs PC

Sort:
stevenaaus

Ok, cheers.

We've reissued / changed the 4.24 windows and src downloads just today. Just a couple of minor bugs which i didn't want hanging around until the next release in another couple of years. (Ratings MAX YEAR was broke, which affected the ratings graphs (from ratings.ssp) and probably adding ratings too. And the blunder threshold spinbox had a broken error checker.)

Inquisitive_chap

Is there any way to batch edit data in a scid database usnig scidvspc?
I downloaded the TCEC games and they have dates in them but not 'event date' which is a separate field in my database. I can flter all the TCEC games in say 2020, but is there any way I can then edit the event date for all in one go?

stevenaaus

This is newer, powerful/destructive! feature, but yes one can batch add EventDates.

Tools->Maintenance->NameEditor

Select EventDate.

Select GamesToEdit->"Filter Games"

Double check you know exactly what you are doing, and read the help topic in case there is something i have overlooked.

Replace *

With YYYY.MM.DD

(eg 2023.05.22)

Inquisitive_chap

Thanks!

Tamyrys2022

Hello,

I have two problems with "SCID vs PC" v4.21. Please help me. My OS is Ubuntu.

1. Sounds. I downloaded sounds archive, unpacked it and selected the correct folder. Now when I move the pieces, I get the error message "Could not open default for write.
while executing
"$sound play -blocking 0 -command "incr ::utils:nervous.pngound::isPlayingSound -1""
(procedure "::utils:nervous.pngound:tongue.pnglaySoundQueue" line 9)
invoked from within
"::utils:nervous.pngound:tongue.pnglaySoundQueue"
("after" script)"

2. Arrows. I don't see the arrows after I move the pieces even though I selected "Moves -> Show variation errors" option. Also I selected "Moves -> Highlight last move -> Show" with no effect.

Thank you!

Ladyhawke79

Can someone explain me what the "tree mask" function does?
Can it be useful for creating opening repertoires?
I like the book merging options of polyglot.
I would like to do something similar directly with pgn files or with Schid files.

JogoReal
Ladyhawke79 escreveu:

Can someone explain me what the "tree mask" function does?
Can it be useful for creating opening repertoires?
I like the book merging options of polyglot.
I would like to do something similar directly with pgn files or with Schid files.

See here: https://scidvspc.sourceforge.net/doc/TreeMasks.htm