Forums

Searching for Peter Horwell,Chorlton Chess Club, Manchester.

Sort:
SmileyMileyMooMoo

I would like to find Peter Horwell of Chorlton Chess Club, Manchester if he plays here on Chess.Com.

It would be great to play a few games against him as i haven't seen him for years.

If you are Peter or know if he plays Chess online anywhere please message me.

I can let you know who i am then :) lol

All the best.

SmileyMileyMooMoo
[COMMENT DELETED]
SmileyMileyMooMoo
[COMMENT DELETED]
SmileyMileyMooMoo

That made me laugh. More of a chuckle :) I assure you, he is perfectly safe!

TheGoalkeeper

Sorry, I don't know. How 'bout this?

http://www.chess.com/members/view/mash158

TheGoalkeeper
Estragon wrote:

You could be a crazed stalker, too.  Or a serial killer.  Or even worse, an insurance salesman.

Run, Peter Horwell of Manchester, hide!

lol! Tongue Out That made me giggle! Foot in Mouth

TheRocketKing

does he support manchester united or manchester city?

SmileyMileyMooMoo

Neither. But i am sure if he HAD to support a football team it would most definitely be UNITED!!!

SmileyMileyMooMoo
[COMMENT DELETED]
SmileyMileyMooMoo
[COMMENT DELETED]
TheGoalkeeper
SmileyMileyMooMoo wrote:

Neither. But i am sure if he HAD to support a football team it would most definitely be UNITED!!!

Most probably, if he had been born before 1999.

SmileyMileyMooMoo

Bump.

Ziggy_Zugzwang
SmileyMileyMooMoo wrote:

I would like to find Peter Horwell of Chorlton Chess Club, Manchester if he plays here on Chess.Com.

It would be great to play a few games against him as i haven't seen him for years.

If you are Peter or know if he plays Chess online anywhere please message me.

I can let you know who i am then :) lol

All the best.

Elementary my dear Moomoo.

An ECF database reveals he plays for Chorlton-cum-Hardy chess club.....

http://www.manchesterchessfederation.co.uk/page7.html

Gives these details:

"

"Chorlton Chess Club

Venue: St John’s Social Club, Chequers Road, off High Lane, Chorlton

Postcode: M21 9DY

Directions: St. John's is situated on the corner of Chequers Road and High Lane.  
From the west (Stretford and M60 From Bolton), Come along Edge Lane (A5145) until the junction of Wilbraham Road and High Lane at traffic lights, and take right hand fork signposted Didsbury, Edge Lane become High Lane.

The club is on the right on Chequers Road which is the 6th turn on the right from the lights.

From the north (Manchester) or east (Fallowfield), find the junction of Wilbraham Road and Barlow Moor Road (A6010 and B5217) at the centre of Chorlton-Cum-Hardy.

Proceed along Barlow Moor Road towards Didsbury, until the next traffic lights turn right towards Stretford onto High Lane.  
From the South (Princess Parkway A5103 and M60 from Stockport) Come up Barlow Moor rd (A5145) into Chorlton just after the bus terminus at the lights sign posted Stretford turn (Left) into High Lane. Chequers Road is the 3rd road on the left.

Ample car parking is available. 

METRO Station: Chorlton Metro stop: 5-10 minute walk to the club!

Turn Right out of Chorlton metro Station, onto Wilbraham Road, head towards centre of Town.

Cross Barlow Moor Road, at the traffic lights, towards Stretford; Turn First left into Brundretts Rd, in between Co-op and Bargain Shop. Follow Brundretts Rd, to the end, turn right at Edge Lane. Club is second on the left at Chequers Rd. 

Match Night: Tuesday 7.30-11p.m. 

Secretary: John Horner: email: jehorner29@gmail.com

1st team Captain: Phil Olbison Tel: 0161 283 1084 email: PhilOlbison17@hotmail.co.uk

2nd team Captain: John Horner Tel: 0161 286 7128

3rd team Captain: David Kierman Tel: 0161 748 7274 email: David.Kierman@manchester.ac.uk

4th team Captain: Howard Hughes Tel: 0161 945 9867

5th team Captain: Sean Underwood Tel: 07539006240 email:shaunu@rocketmail.com

6th team Captain: Phil Bennett Tel: 07791174283 email:fishingbythelake@hotmail.com

So you could email  one or more of the contacts here and find out....

I'll waiver my usual fee on this occasion

SmileyMileyMooMoo

Ta Ta :) Will look into this!

TheGoalkeeper

Yes!