Forums

Seeking NYC Female for Thurs night fun

Sort:
Narz

The famous "4 Rated Games Tonight" tournament has moved to the NYorker Hotel on 34th St. and 8th Ave. and now has a "mixed doubles" prize for male/female pair with best combined score.  It starts at 7PM, ends around 11:30PM.

http://www.chesscenter.cc/

That means if no other team shows you we automatically win (last night only one girl showed up so her & her partner automatically won).

They have three prizes.  I believe first is $100 (split between partners), second is $50 and third is a plaque (hey it's something).  So if you're a girl & you show up with a partner you're pretty much guarenteed to get something.

Entry fee is $30 or $20 if you've been to at least ten previous tournaments.  Competition is very strong but they have under prizes (I've won the Under-2000 prize a few times).  I played last night, should've had a draw against IM Jay Bonin (will post the game later) but blundered at the end.  Here's the crosstable.

Messgae and/or email me if interested.  Cool Must have USCF membership.

WanderingPuppet
should've had a draw against IM Jay Bonin (will post the game later) but blundered at the end.  Here's the crosstable.

never a draw until you attain the result. Wink  many come close and very.

sargetsi

wish i were there!

Bustyness21

Aren't there many NYC ladies that push wood?

Narz
Estragon wrote:
If they had a club for those who "should've had a draw against IM Jay Bonin," it would be one of the biggest in the country. 

One measure of mastery is how often one saves lost games and converts draws into wins.

Well yeah, I'm pretty good @ converting draws into wins against lower rated players (though terrible in blitz games), I've gotten a couple draws against NM Jim West in pawn-down rook endings, proud of those. :)

Anyway, bumping this thread for tomorrow, in the off chance someone can write me back before then.  This tournament only continues until Feburary 14th, so just three more events!

royalbishop
Narz wrote:

The famous "4 Rated Games Tonight" tournament has moved to the NYorker Hotel on 34th St. and 8th Ave. and now has a "mixed doubles" prize for male/female pair with best combined score.  It starts at 7PM, ends around 11:30PM.

http://www.chesscenter.cc/

That means if no other team shows you we automatically win (last night only one girl showed up so her & her partner automatically won).

They have three prizes.  I believe first is $100 (split between partners), second is $50 and third is a plaque (hey it's something).  So if you're a girl & you show up with a partner you're pretty much guarenteed to get something.

Entry fee is $30 or $20 if you've been to at least ten previous tournaments.  Competition is very strong but they have under prizes (I've won the Under-2000 prize a few times).  I played last night, should've had a draw against IM Jay Bonin (will post the game later) but blundered at the end.  Here's the crosstable.

Messgae and/or email me if interested.   Must have USCF membership.

Easy money!

So all i need is a wig, make-up, push up bra w/tissue, dress and some shoes. Ouch.... have to shave legs and all facial hair. Ok  that is  just $100 dollars for 4 hrs!!!

royalbishop

Just notice......

It has been tried already ..... grrrr. lol

He took ....she took my wig and lipstick. Hehehe and can keep it.