Stuff Non-Chess Players Say

Blagger moth

"How do you keep track of which Bishop is which?"

I guess that was a good question considering the person was a newbie.

You n'wah!

True story.  I was explaining to a non-chess playing friend of mine how some super players can play blindfolded games.  His response was a classic of the oh, so stupid variety.  Utterly amazed that anyone could play blindfolded, he asked, "Really?  And are their hands tied behind their backs, too?" He was dead serious.  I could only shake my head and mutter, "Only the ones who were about to be executed."

Another one we hear all the time is, "Waddya mean you can't jump?"

IGP1200 wrote:

True story.  I was explaining to a non-chess playing friend of mine how some super players can play blindfolded games.  His response was a classic of the oh, so stupid variety.  Utterly amazed that anyone could play blindfolded, he asked, "Really?  And are their hands tied behind their backs, too?" He was dead serious.  I could only shake my head and mutter, "Only the ones who were about to be executed."

I lol-ed xD 

[Everyone is playing chess] "Is this chess club?" 

Zwindibum! Zwangdiuuum! ZHAKATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Errr... Harry Potter spell? Another language? I've run out of guesses. 

Wingardium Leviosa

De do do do, de da da da
    Is all I want to say to you

Well, thanks.

I noticed at the club I used to go to for 10 years, that the non-player always had a mysterious friend who was a doctor, lawyer, engineer or scientist that could beat you easy, but never showed up.

universityofpawns wrote:

I noticed at the club I used to go to for 10 years, that the non-player always had a mysterious friend who was a doctor, lawyer, engineer or scientist that could beat you easy, but never showed up.

lol, haha, yep I know exactly what you're talking about. (Also I like how you used "the non-player" as a variable in that sentence.)

Newba wrote:

Well, thanks.

(But who was "you"? Cause I have no idea...)

Well, I'm Newba.

Nice2MeetU happy.png

Newba wrote:

Wingardium Leviosa

hahahaha

Newba wrote:

Well, I'm Newba.

Nice2MeetU

:D ! 

Keep posting. We need to make this the longest thread ever.

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/longest-thread-ever

or Join
=

Online Now