Sub 1000 players dominating Arena tournaments

NormannBates

Has anyone else noticed this trend? Pretty much every Arena tournament is dominated by players that have less than 1000 rating, they just crush players with much higher ratings and easily manage a 10-12 game streak. The other day they defeated two titled players to reach the number one and two spot in a bullet Arena. 

IMBacon

Welcome to online chess...and ill leave it at that...

molo1

numbers can be manipulated

MegaGuest
I have noticed many players use an engin on and off while they play. It doesn’t surprise me when Someone who terribly plays the whole game pulls an obvious engine move and saves the game sometimes with no queen and/or both castles Or plays a stellar move this is obvious because if someone loses three pawns in the first moves of the game these folks cannot even make above 700 points. This is very hard to catch as it is very hard to see on the logs. I am a computer programmer and want to help chess.com to catch cheaters as it became very annoying. Engine players pool at certain times and take my hard earned points there are very easy things chess.com can do to stop cheating. I feel you Norman
congrandolor

So what? Everyone starts the game with the same pieces and the same position, don't be sore losers, please

NormannBates
congrandolor wrote:

So what? Everyone starts the game with the same pieces and the same position, don't be sore losers, please

The idea is, someone who is rated 900 cannot defeat people rated 1600+ 10-12 games in a row. Does that make sense to you?

abcx123

To me it doesn't .

Sandbagging maybe ?

jjupiter6

abcx123 wrote:

To me it doesn't .

Sandbagging maybe ?

Sandbagging definitely. So pathetic.

Vicariously-I

Yes Arenas are full of cheaters and sandbaggers.

BusyNight

you shoud report them. sandbagging is against the rules on chess.com and this seems like extremely obvious cases if sub 1000 players destroy masters

Kalas114

I dont understand why. there is no prize money on this site right? what is the point of sandbagging? 

Vicariously-I
BusyNight wrote:

you shoud report them. sandbagging is against the rules on chess.com and this seems like extremely obvious cases if sub 1000 players destroy masters

It doesn't really do any good. Many of them close their own accounts before they get caught and then just create a new account.

BusyNight
Vicariously-I wrote:
BusyNight wrote:

It doesn't really do any good. Many of them close their own accounts before they get caught and then just create a new account.

thats true. it would still discredit their tournamentwins tho

woollensock
Sandbaggers should be reported immediately, they are a disgrace to the chess.com community 😤
GrandMare

What is a sandbagger just out of interest?sounds like a race I did at school once. 🤔

MegaGuest

Anyone who questions or conspires or denies  sandbagging is most likely a sandbagger or someone who doesn’t want chess.com to improve against their competitors. Can we open a thread for only sandbaggers or those occasional cheaters or “practisers” so we can defeat them? If anyone wants to cheat they can watch two CPUs play a match against  themselves on their stupid computer

david

Please report them - on their popup profile you can go to More -> Report, or from Help -> Report Abuse -> Contact.

Please don't discuss it in the public forums - private clubs are fine, though.

I am now locking this thread.

Thanks,

David, moderator

This forum topic has been locked