Forums

Suicidal opponents

Sort:
Imperfect_Luck

Im currious if im the only one who feels this way;

Most of my games, i seem to play suicidal opponents. Opponents who have the option to move out of attack, yet chose instead to trade pecies.

I find this spitful cowardly and pointless WHY?

Well since as long as i can rememebr ive always considered suicide the act of desperate deledued ppl and only desperately deldued people GLORIFY it as anything else. eg. 9/11.

Infact i will go as far to say suicide/mindless trade is the most retarded plan humanly possible in any context. any game. its jsut common sence to me yet it seems the amout of times i encoutner this is endless.

Im not talking about sacraficing a pecie to gain an advantage eg. sacraficing a knight to kill ur opponents queen im talking about equal trade. knight for knight knight for bishop bishp for knight rook for rook queen for queen.

I sit there looking at the score board thinking this is exactly why they added a score board to this game, to make its utter pointlessness (point*) more apparent, yet i encoutner this so often.

Infact each time i log on it makes me view a high rated game. and all i see is suicide. pointless spitful ppl mindlessly trading pecies literally every time. untill they're both down to i duno 2 pecies and 5 pawns each.

Why are these ppl being admired, promoted and displayed as somone ur suposed to gain experience from watching?

I have been playing chess for some time now for fun, no tournaments or i duno compotitions with trophys or cash or what not. simply fun. and i noticed soon after making my account i was not a fan of 5 min games. Why?

I found my opponents most of the time were suicidal, they didnt care where they moved or why, infact it was more like i was playing time than them. i was put into a rediculus sittuation. instead of trying to think up a plan to capture or annialiate my opponent i found i was thinking up a plan to stop them kill themselves. now i dont find that fun and i dont belive with each peace having its own unique ways of movement this was how the game was ment to be played.

Yet as i said earlier each time i log on im viewing high rated ppl (who probly farmed these 5 min or less suicidal games.

Honestly ive probly resigned more games than ive played due to this, i find no fun in playign a spitful suicidal cowardly opponent in any game. 

ITs not only here either ive noticed tutorials promoting mindless trade, ppl ranting on and on about stratergies asthough its actually stratergy and when it gets down to it its suicide missions. I dont understand how this has become the norm (because it looks that way to me)

So yes im currious am i only in thinking this way?

If further explanation is needed i will give but yeah.

EDITS

This is a link to a video which was sudgested i view by scottrf.

I feel the person narrating this video shares my preffered style of play.

Infact what i was trying to explain as trapping my opponent is what i find most fun about chess is clearly visable in simply his first example.

So for all those confused on my explanation on my preffered style of play or simply if your currious here is the youtube link.

Edits link updated ad requested 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJcUI_wSy8

Doggy_Style

Perhaps, if you learn to play chess, trading pieces will start to make sense.

skinnypurpleducks

Yeah go play a game where u don't trade pie es good lucking winning buddy

DrSpudnik

I think it's the 3-digit rating people. They may not know they are being attacked.

Imperfect_Luck
skinnypurpleducks wrote:

Yeah go play a game where u don't trade pie es good lucking winning buddy

is this a joke?

ill say again. this is what im saying is strange to me me u playing a game for example. i move my queen. she is in the attach range of ur queen. HOWEVER both are covered protected. and u simply attach my queen. then i kill urs. to me that is poitnless (poitnless hmm no gain)

as for what u said after ive given an explanation of what i was saying ill comment.

Ive won plenty of games without trading pecies with my opponent in such a fashion in fact i resign out of bordom when i find my opponent isnt capable of doing otherwise i find no challenge in this game i see it as they are incapable of coping with all the pecies so they trade and trade and trade so they have less pecies and have to think less. nice plan? unless ur the guy in the army etting sent on the suicide mission. im not trying to be insulting. the common sence of being in such a sitation is impossible for me to ignore

Imperfect_Luck
Jimmy_Jojo wrote:

The post-starter "Imperfect Luck," has some of the lowest ratings I've ever seen anywhere.  Especially for someone who's been on this site for almost five years.  Good to see he's learning a lot here!

i dont play for points, infact i resign more games than ive played probly

jsut syaing if u wanna pull them out and get the ruler no thanks, on subject or no thanks

Imperfect_Luck
Doggy_Style wrote:

join the army pls. suicide mission pls

Doggy_Style
Imperfect_Luck wrote:
Doggy_Style wrote:

I spent thirteen years in the Army, no suicide mission though. Sorry.

p.s. I just looked at your archive, taking interest in your last finished game. You know, the one where you were totally outplayed by the 428 rated opponent. Doesn't it occur to you, that maybe you haven't got a clue what's going on?

More ears, less chops.

Imperfect_Luck

im all for free speach.

however ive played enough online games to know a troll when i see one. give ur opinion on the topic if u have one. or stop asking me to take it out and messure it because as i said no thanks.

Imperfect_Luck
Doggy_Style wrote:
Imperfect_Luck wrote:
Doggy_Style wrote:

p.s. I just looked at your archive, taking interest in your last finished game. You know, the one where you were totally outplayed by the 428 rated opponent. Doesn't it occur to you, that maybe you haven't got a clue what's going on?

More ears, less chops.

see above comment, seirously before i could even type it u at it again.

this sadly needs said.

For all u know im chess champion of the world.

For all u know im not the only one using this account.

Im not intrested in ur online hierarchy im intrested in your thought process.

im intrested if anyone else shares my opinions on the subject.

I stated in the firts post i play for fun.

I stated in the first post i dont like 5 min games.

I stated in the first post i belvie ive resigned more games than ive played here.

All this was said and explained why.

so for the last time stop asking me to take it out and messure it im not that insecure im simply currious on a subject. suicide mission pls.

DrSpudnik
Imperfect_Luck wrote:
Doggy_Style wrote:
Imperfect_Luck wrote:

so for the last time stop asking me to take it out and messure it im not that insecure im simply currious on a subject. suicide mission pls.

What's all this about taking "it" out and measuring "it"?

Someone trolling?

DrSpudnik

LOL!

Imperfect_Luck
DrSpudnik wrote:
Imperfect_Luck wrote:
Doggy_Style wrote:
Imperfect_Luck wrote:

What's all this about taking "it" out and measuring "it"?

Someone trolling?

there has yet to be one  comment ontopic.

Instead ive had to point out the obvious, which is u people dont know anything about me besides the first post.

So yes i consider off topic rank calling trolling. 

said this already

I have no intrest in this online hierarchy im currious about the subject of the topic.

If you guys have somehting to sya about it go ahead

However i dont see why you would expect any other kind of responce to such pointless statements

konhidras

Oww. Its getting hot in here! Whew!

Imperfect_Luck
Jimmy_Jojo wrote:

In your game, 6. Nc3 would have been a lot better than the text move 6. Na3.  The Knights do a lot better job posted on c3 and f3, plus your Knight at c3 would have guarded your e4-pawn, which was under attack by the Black Knight.

The e4 pawn did a service by keeping Black's king pawn firmly at e5, which rendered his King's Bishop on d6 "bad" (blocked in) and the Bishop itself blocked in the d-pawn, which retarded Black's central pawn moves. 

Read my posts, on topic pls

konhidras
TacticalSymphony wrote:
konhidras wrote:

Oww. Its getting hot in here! Whew!

You don't have air conditioning in your hut?

Yeah. Care to buy me one?

Imperfect_Luck
hessmaster wrote:
Imperfect_Luck wrote:
Jimmy_Jojo wrote:

In your game, 6. Nc3 would have been a lot better than the text move 6. Na3.  The Knights do a lot better job posted on c3 and f3, plus your Knight at c3 would have guarded your e4-pawn, which was under attack by the Black Knight.

The e4 pawn did a service by keeping Black's king pawn firmly at e5, which rendered his King's Bishop on d6 "bad" (blocked in) and the Bishop itself blocked in the d-pawn, which retarded Black's central pawn moves. 

Read my posts, on topic pls

Can you answer why you don't accept my challenges?

Firstly i have no idea who you are, second i dont belive we have spoken untill today, third. u seem to have nothing to say other than an atempt to dirty my image.

Despite me stating third time now I have no intrest in ur online hierarchy

Imperfect_Luck
Imperfect_Luck wrote:
Doggy_Style wrote:
Imperfect_Luck wrote:
Doggy_Style wrote:

More ears, less chops.

see above comment, seirously before i could even type it u at it again.

this sadly needs said.

For all u know im chess champion of the world.

For all u know im not the only one using this account.

Im not intrested in ur online hierarchy im intrested in your thought process.

im intrested if anyone else shares my opinions on the subject.

I stated in the firts post i play for fun.

I stated in the first post i dont like 5 min games.

I stated in the first post i belvie ive resigned more games than ive played here.

Imperfect_Luck

Still no comment, ppl like this suck. Nothing to say but talking why

Kens_Mom
Imperfect_Luck wrote:

there has yet to be one  comment ontopic.

Actually, post #2 and #3 were alluding to the fact that trades of equal material often have more to it than you realize, i.e. they're not pointless

For instance, it's often a good idea to trade when one is being attacked or under some spacial cramp.  A bishop for knight trade may be beneficial in closed positions, while a knight for bishop trade may be beneficial for open positions, etc.  Those are just the basic ideas behind trades in general that I could think off the top of my head.