Forums

Testers wanted for chess Meta Theory

Sort:
GameBrain

Hi all,

I have developed a Meta Theory of chess, and am looking to work with a small group of chessplayers in implementing and testing the ideas and methodology.

MetaChess is the product of an intensive 2 year project which included the use of an in-house supercomputer, a 10 million game chess database, Internet chess databases, Houdini Pro 2.0, and an in-house chess engine I developed named PhantomGM. Also, all relevant chess literature written in the last 200 years was consulted.

The product represents 10 million chess games, database analysis and perusal of over 200,000 written pages to narrow down the topic of chess to a 22 page .PDF document. It represents the essence of what chess IS or CAN BE.

The testers will get all information for free. I need your brains, not your wallet....

I am looking for 6 testers. The goall will be to to have a deep understanding of chess within 10 days, and improve your rating to the 2400 U.S.C.F or 2300 F.I.D.E level within 1 year. you will work with me as your mentor, helping you over any parts of MetaChess that you don't understand, and we will probably also work together as a group towards the stated goals. 

I am looking for a diverse group of 6 testers to be as follows:

Tester # 1: 12 to16 years of age Rated 1500 - 1800 U.S.C.F.

Tester # 2: 21 to 35 years of age Rated 1500 - 1700 U.S.C.F.

Tester # 3: 21 to 35 years of age Rated 1700 - 1900 U.S.C.F.

Tester # 4: 21 to 35 years of age Rated 1900 - 2100 U.S.C.F.

Tester # 5: 35 to 45 years of age Rated 1700 - 2100 U.S.C.F.

Tester # 6: 50 + years old Rated 1700 - 2100 U.S.C.F.

Testers will be expected to be commited to the project, possess a willingnes to perform some basic math calculations (Simple addition and subtraction), have an OPEN MIND, and come to the project with no preconceptions about the game of chess.

Example: If you spend 200 words telling me about how you are a "positional" player or a "tactical" player, or that you would practically NEVER give up a pawn or two to gain strong attacking chances, you ain't gonna make it in...:)

Testers will be required to submit an electronic e-mail indicating their identity and will have to submit electronically a Non-disclosure aggreement, agreeing that they will disseminate what they learn to NO ONE outside the project. 

Please submit your qualtifications, and a brief comment on why you are interested in participating in my project to my

e-mail here on chess.com

SUBMISSSION TIME LIMIT IS:

10/03/12 TO 11:59 PM (EST) on 10/07/12

PLEASE !!!! NO SUBMISSIONS AFTER THIS WINDOW AND DEADLINE!!!

Thanks,

Gamebrain

wbilfc

The product represents 10 million chess games, database analysis and perusal of over 200,000 written pages to narrow down the topic of chess to a 22 page .PDF document. It represents the essence of what chess IS or CAN BE

Wow that's some statement...now go back and try and make ur thread shorter...I got bored half way through! :0)

Berder

How about you post your PDF document?

wbilfc

I think it may be top secret!

MoonlessNight

I am very interested in testing, can you tell me more about what I would be doing

ivandh

How can you have no preconceptions about chess and be rated so highly?

For that matter what do you expect to infer from such a microscopic sample?

Scottrf
ivandh wrote:

That if they all make it to the level he suggests, a sample size of 6 is enough, it works.

MoonlessNight

Also, how much time would I have to put in?

Aletool

I'm looking to implant a microchip on my brain with all the chess books written,all the games played and all the chess engines made. I offer my brain to  chess scientists.

wbilfc

No need, chess, life and the universe have all been summarised on a 22 page PDF file! Simples!

ivandh
Scottrf wrote:
ivandh wrote:

That if they all make it to the level he suggests, a sample size of 6 is enough, it works.

Obviously.

heinzie

Chess explained in its entirety in twenty-two pages of plain language? Of course, the application of these maxims or whatever you have laid out won't be quite as straightforward... ("don't give away your pieces for nothing" is one rule I try to follow with mixed results)

wbilfc

...try to get ur opponents king in check mate is another. If we try really hard I'm sure we could write our own 22 page PDF. :0)

Aletool

I want that Magic Pages! I tired to study

heinzie

I'm also curious if you (GameBrain) while preparing this project have generated a list of games where one side played perfectly according to your instructions... could you give us one such game as a teaser?

APawnCanDream

I did a brief research and here is an earlier work he did awhile back. That work has me more intrigued about this project of his.

gaereagdag

On the basis of the OP I wonder if Gamebrain understands anything about chess. To have a chess style/preference is a different thing from a "preconception". Is there any titled player involved in the creation of this product and its testing?

I am very suspicious of all of this. It sounds poorly thought out to me.

eddysallin

i have a preconception....i like mate!

APawnCanDream
linuxblue1 wrote:

On the basis of the OP I wonder if Gamebrain understands anything about chess. To have a chess style/preference is a different thing from a "preconception". Is there any titled player involved in the creation of this product and its testing?

I am very suspicious of all of this. It sounds poorly thought out to me.

From what I've read in his earlier work he claims to have been rated around 2000+ before he had a chemical imbalance and subsequently declined in chess performance. You should check out his earlier work I linked above and see what you think of it. Your investing a year and whatever time within that year that isn't specified for potentially a huge chess growth if his teaching theory works. Whats the worst that can come from some dedicated chess study for a year, whatever the method may be? Sounds like a bargin to me.

gaereagdag

Thanks but no thanks; I'd rather spend a year watching chess.com videos.