Forums

The Budapest Question

Sort:
BBostrom

So The Question Is Posed, Who Is Better Off Black With His Overall Setup, Or White With His Extra Pawn And Bishop Pair? Opinions?

BBostrom

I Myself Prefer Blacks Chances After 10...  d6 Opening Up The Bishop And Protecting the c7 Pawn, Followed By A Castle Giving The Semi-Open File To Blacks Rook, Pointing Right At White's Kingside. Plus, I Feel Like White's Double Pawns Lead To A Pretty Weak Queenside.

BBostrom

So A Draw Then, Judging By What You Are Saying, Neither Side Should Have Realistic Winning Chances Unless The Other Messes Up.

AndyClifton

By Any Chance Are You German?

BBostrom

No, I Am Not German. Yeah I Have Seen The Other Line With Fairly Decent Gameplay.

AndyClifton

Germans Also Capitalize A Lot Of Words.

Dutchday

White is a bit better, but the c-pawn has almost no value. There's theoretical lines where white goes c5 to sac the pawn. That means only the bishop's pair remains, which is why I don't like the Nc3 lines too much.

BBostrom

Hmm, Dutchday, I Never Thought About A c5 Sac, Kind Of Interesting I Must Say.

Dutchday

Well if you're interested I found the line where it happened.

PatzerLars
AndyClifton wrote:

That Is A Prejudice.

BBostrom

Hmm, Nice Post Dutchday, I Feel Black Could Of Stopped That A Little Better.

Dutchday

Sure. A sample line is a sample line, though it is real theory. Now if you can find something better for black, or if you can discover why another move won't change much either, then you will learn something about the position.

BBostrom

Yeah, It Is. Just Some Moves With The Knight Look Rather Iffy In The Game. But Sample Is a Sample, Does Not Need to Be Anything More I Guess.

Dutchday

Actually that game went 16.Nd4

You may be right that the Na5 line is not the best, though my theory doesn't clarify. Anyway. I was just showing the c-pawn sac.

BBostrom

I Feel That Black Has Potential Though, Lots Of Things Could Go Wrong for White.

AndyClifton
PatzerLars wrote:
AndyClifton wrote:

That Is A Prejudice.

Thank You!  I Pride Myself On My Prejudice.

BBostrom

Thanks For All Of The Opinions, Any Others Have An Opinion On The Question?

AndyClifton

Isn't It Hard Doing This With Every Single Word?  I'd Think You Would Have An Easier Time Of Things If You Just Capitalized The First Word In Each Sentence.

caniecane
AndyClifton wrote:

By Any Chance Are You German?

you never seem to answer the question that has been asked in the forum

AndyClifton

Thank You!  I Also Pride Myself On That. Smile