x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

The fastest win in the history of mankind

  • #41

    According to 'The_Analyzer" after only two moves the position looks equal. Not surprising considering the starting position of a chessgame is equal!

  • #42
    melkisgoedvoorelk wrote:

    According to 'The_Analyzer" after only two moves the position looks equal. Not surprising considering the starting position of a chessgame is equal!

    The starting position is equal, unless your opponent is Paul Morphy. Once Morphy started his game a rook down (in purpose) and checkmated his opponent... by CASTLING...

    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1238144

  • #43

     I'm sorry but it really doesn't make sense what you say. A position is always objectively equal, won or lost, The strength of the players is not a consideration. 

  • #44
    melkisgoedvoorelk wrote:

     I'm sorry but it really doesn't make sense what you say. A position is always objectively equal, won or lost, The strength of the players is not a consideration. 

    I'm not talking about the strength of the players. Take a look at the game between Morphy and his father (I added a link to the game). As you can see, White starts the game with one rook, while his opponent starts with two rooks.

  • #45

     

    Hi,

    How about posting Your fastest bullet win/loss ?
    My personal record was 11 moves in 4 seconds, with checkmate. 

    null

  • #46

    @Boyd-Boyette excellent choice
  • #47
    e4_guy wrote:

     

    Hi,

    How about posting Your fastest bullet win/loss ?
    My personal record was 11 moves in 4 seconds, with checkmate. 

     

    I never play bullet chess. Even blitz chess is too fast for me because my intuition is horrible.

    I'm a strong player so far as it regards standard chess. In standard chess I calculate very deeply and analyze every position accurately. That's why I'm rated ~1600 in standard and ~1100 in blitz.

    Your personal record is crazy wink.png

  • #48

     I can only conlude that you are being deliberately obtuse. Therefore I resign.

  • #49
    The_Analyzer wrote:

    I never play bullet chess. Even blitz chess is too fast for me because my intuition is horrible.

    I'm a strong player so far as it regards standard chess. In standard chess I calculate very deeply and analyze every position accurately. That's why I'm rated ~1600 in standard and ~1100 in blitz.

    Your personal record is crazy 

    Actually it's mostly premoves, so 4 seconds is not so hard to achieve. I've seen people playing 10 seconds bullet games lol.

  • #50
    melkisgoedvoorelk wrote:

     I can only conlude that you are being deliberately obtuse. Therefore I resign.

    You resigned in an equal position, and you call me obtuse. Hahaha cry.png

  • #51

    Doesn't this depend on Black's 7th move not giving him a flight square for the Queen?  What do you do after 7....c6 or 7....Ne5 ?

  • #52
    Lastrank wrote:

    7...g6 seems dubious but I'll have to check the computer to know for sure.

    Yeah you don't need to check the computer. Anytime you blunder a queen, it's terrible

  • #53

    I just beat an International Master in 6 moves. I really did.

    https://www.chess.com/live/game/2285560219

Top

Online Now