The Secret of Chess

autobunny

did i put up any theory except for case insensitiveness of handle names which you can easily verify?

autobunny
Lyudmil_Tsvetkov wrote:

Again, anyone wishing me still alive in the near future, would probably consider supporting me a bit with a review, IN CASE he has bought the book and kind of likes it.

I have many friends, but where they are now?

i can only hope you are not being serious :-(

and if you aren't:

are you safe mr. tsvetkov?

mr. tsvetkov are you safe?

lfPatriotGames
Loudcolor wrote:

Filthy rich from chess?  Lol, my god, what delusions.

That's not exactly what he said. He said filthy rich by winning the top tournaments. Which would be true. If Lyudmil was as good as he says he is (playing ability of 3500) then not only would he be world champion AND win every top tournament, he would also be the best player in history, by a very big margin. Not only that, his brain would be so unique that he would be one of the most famous people ever because nobody would have ever dominated any profession like that. It would be not only a once in a lifetime achievement, it would be a once in a human history achievement. So yes, he would be far more than just filthy rich. IF his claims were true.

Oh, and what if he really was an "oracle" or "from another dimension"? How much would that be worth? Filthy rich is probably a severe understatement.

DeirdreSkye
lfPatriotGames wrote:
Loudcolor wrote:

That's not exactly what he said. He said filthy rich by winning the top tournaments. Which would be true. If Lyudmil was as good as he says he is (playing ability of 3500) then not only would he be world champion AND win every top tournament, he would also be the best player in history, by a very big margin. Not only that, his brain would be so unique that he would be one of the most famous people ever because nobody would have ever dominated any profession like that. It would be not only a once in a lifetime achievement, it would be a once in a human history achievement. So yes, he would be far more than just filthy rich. IF his claims were true.

Oh, and what if he really was an "oracle" or "from another dimension"? How much would that be worth? Filthy rich is probably a severe understatement.

Not only by winning all tournaments. All his books will become instant best sellers while publishers will want more books.

A book titled "How to become GM: My method" will sell at least 2.000.000 copies world-wide.

Books . lectures , tournament wins even movies.

The guy stopped chess , returned after 20 years of inactivity and became a GM and a top player and why not , a world champion(he is the only one that can beat Stockfish as he says).It's an amazing feat beyond imagination.

A genious? A time-traveller?An explorer from another dimension?What was he doing for 20 years in the secret labs of the Bulgarian embassy? Is it a secret experiment by the top cognitive scientists of the world?Hollywood will love this!  

fissionfowl
Christopher_Parsons wrote:
Loudcolor wrote:

No doubt. I think writing chess books and coaching is probably easier and definitely a less stressful way to earn your money. The up front costs compared to travel, lodging, entry fees, etc, probably less too. Not everone who discovers something great, feels the need to put himself on the highest pedestal. God gives to the humble and abases the proud. 

"I am a very humble genius." - Lyudmil Trump

SFmadeUjealous

I read the reviews of your books on Amazon. Actually I am very suspicious about the good Reviews. They seemed to be written purposefully praising the book, but I think they did that too much. I think the good reviews are from his friends and relatives and thus are fake. The bad reviews with verified purchases must be genuine reviews. His books have extreme reviews and I'm only talking about verified purchases. So I am pretty sure and I would like to reassert that good reviews are from his friends which means they are fake and the bad reviews are real reviews from other unlucky genuine buyers. 

ChessSD67

Damn - Another dud account. If you will contribute, PLEASE do not create fake accounts

Christopher_Parsons
ChessSD67 wrote:

Damn - Another dud account. If you will contribute, PLEASE do not create fake accounts

I also get tired of the revolving door of blocked and banned players, with even less usefull things to say each time they return...

my137thaccount
autobunny wrote:
Loudcolor wrote:

No doubt. I think writing chess books and coaching is probably easier and definitely a less stressful way to earn your money. The up front costs compared to travel, lodging, entry fees, etc, probably less too. Not everone who discovers something great, feels the need to put himself on the highest pedestal. God gives to the humble and abases the proud. 

which god?  what are the stats on god giving to the humble and abasing the proud?

i''m sorry but i don't think we should quote stuff that just hasn't been proven true generally.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given him." - James 1:5

Christopher_Parsons
my137thaccount wrote:
autobunny wrote:
Loudcolor wrote:

which god?  what are the stats on god giving to the humble and abasing the proud?

i''m sorry but i don't think we should quote stuff that just hasn't been proven true generally.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given him." - James 1:5

Finally, one of these repeat accounts, with something worth saying....lol

my137thaccount

Here is some news about Lyudmil's book: http://www.secretofchess.com/news/this-is-the-first-news-25792

Chessopera

I prefer magazines to books, they are more instructive.

GWTR
autobunny wrote:
Lyudmil_Tsvetkov wrote:

Again, anyone wishing me still alive in the near future, would probably consider supporting me a bit with a review, IN CASE he has bought the book and kind of likes it.

I have many friends, but where they are now?

i can only hope you are not being serious :-(

and if you aren't:

are you safe mr. tsvetkov?

mr. tsvetkov are you safe?

Great tune.  Thanks for posting!

GWTR
SFmadeUjealous wrote:

I read the reviews of your books on Amazon. Actually I am very suspicious about the good Reviews. They seemed to be written purposefully praising the book, but I think they did that too much. I think the good reviews are from his friends and relatives and thus are fake. The bad reviews with verified purchases must be genuine reviews. His books have extreme reviews and I'm only talking about verified purchases. So I am pretty sure and I would like to reassert that good reviews are from his friends which means they are fake and the bad reviews are real reviews from other unlucky genuine buyers. 

Are you referring to these reviews??

http://www.secretofchess.com/pages/reviews

SFmadeUjealous
my137thaccount wrote:

Here is some news about Lyudmil's book: http://www.secretofchess.com/news/this-is-the-first-news-25792

Excellent news articles there. It was a great pleasure reading them. Not sure why Lyudmil never mentioned them. 

blacktower01

------------>Here is some news about Lyudmil's book: http://www.secretofchess.com/news/this-is-the-first-news-25792

------------>Excellent news articles there. It was a great pleasure reading them. Not sure why Lyudmil never mentioned them.

and coming from people like you it's a quality assurance.

Christopher_Parsons

I enjoy GM Smerdon's review and agree with him. I find it ironic that he simply utilized the parts that he found applicable to himself, for where he was at in his development. I had done the same thing. I think one of the problems many players face in trying to use the book is that they get intimidated or confused by all of the engine analysis data. They don't see how it is applicable, or they don't understand it. I will admit that it does help, the more versed you are in utilizing an engine as a learning tool, to improve you chess play. Perhaps Lyudmil should write a book about using an chess engine, as a companion book, the Secret of Chess.

I find this book extremely helpful in figuring out where to put your pieces during the middle game, which is probably the most difficult part of the game to study. It is also helpful for where to put your pieces in certain end game scenarios. I haven't even researched many of the positions in the book and simply have made use of the charts that some people claim as useless. 

lfPatriotGames

Perhaps Lyudmil should write a book about using an chess engine, as a companion book, the Secret of Chess.

Isn't that exactly what he did? Isn't the whole point of the book to use a chess computer to play another chess computer? From Lyudmils rating and that of those who read his book, it doesn't appear to be of much use helping play against other people. So if it didn't help him, and it hasn't helped anyone else to any significant degree, it appears it's only useful for people who want to play against chess computers and/or use one computer to play against another computer. I'm not sure how many people that would  appeal to.

Christopher_Parsons
lfPatriotGames wrote:

Perhaps Lyudmil should write a book about using an chess engine, as a companion book, the Secret of Chess.

Isn't that exactly what he did? Isn't the whole point of the book to use a chess computer to play another chess computer? From Lyudmils rating and that of those who read his book, it doesn't appear to be of much use helping play against other people. So if it didn't help him, and it hasn't helped anyone else to any significant degree, it appears it's only useful for people who want to play against chess computers and/or use one computer to play against another computer. I'm not sure how many people that would  appeal to.

No, but yet you have been ragging on him this entire time, like you had a clue what he did....

DeirdreSkye
lfPatriotGames wrote:

No, but yet you have been ragging on him this entire time, like you had a clue what he did....

................says one of the most clueless guys of these forums. I admire the ability of some people to be funny without even trying.