The Secret of Chess

GMRVSYash

Damn - Another dud account. If you will contribute, PLEASE do not create fake accounts

Christopher_Parsons
ChessSD67 wrote:

Damn - Another dud account. If you will contribute, PLEASE do not create fake accounts

I also get tired of the revolving door of blocked and banned players, with even less usefull things to say each time they return...

my137thaccount
autobunny wrote:
Christopher_Parsons wrote:
Loudcolor wrote:

Filthy rich from chess?  Lol, my god, what delusions.

No doubt. I think writing chess books and coaching is probably easier and definitely a less stressful way to earn your money. The up front costs compared to travel, lodging, entry fees, etc, probably less too. Not everone who discovers something great, feels the need to put himself on the highest pedestal. God gives to the humble and abases the proud. 

which god?  what are the stats on god giving to the humble and abasing the proud?

i''m sorry but i don't think we should quote stuff that just hasn't been proven true generally.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given him." - James 1:5

Christopher_Parsons
my137thaccount wrote:
autobunny wrote:
Loudcolor wrote:

Filthy rich from chess?  Lol, my god, what delusions.

No doubt. I think writing chess books and coaching is probably easier and definitely a less stressful way to earn your money. The up front costs compared to travel, lodging, entry fees, etc, probably less too. Not everone who discovers something great, feels the need to put himself on the highest pedestal. God gives to the humble and abases the proud. 

which god?  what are the stats on god giving to the humble and abasing the proud?

i''m sorry but i don't think we should quote stuff that just hasn't been proven true generally.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given him." - James 1:5

Finally, one of these repeat accounts, with something worth saying....lol

my137thaccount

Here is some news about Lyudmil's book: http://www.secretofchess.com/news/this-is-the-first-news-25792

GWTR
autobunny wrote:
Lyudmil_Tsvetkov wrote:

Again, anyone wishing me still alive in the near future, would probably consider supporting me a bit with a review, IN CASE he has bought the book and kind of likes it.

I have many friends, but where they are now?

i can only hope you are not being serious :-(

and if you aren't:

are you safe mr. tsvetkov?

mr. tsvetkov are you safe?

Great tune.  Thanks for posting!

GWTR
SFmadeUjealous wrote:

I read the reviews of your books on Amazon. Actually I am very suspicious about the good Reviews. They seemed to be written purposefully praising the book, but I think they did that too much. I think the good reviews are from his friends and relatives and thus are fake. The bad reviews with verified purchases must be genuine reviews. His books have extreme reviews and I'm only talking about verified purchases. So I am pretty sure and I would like to reassert that good reviews are from his friends which means they are fake and the bad reviews are real reviews from other unlucky genuine buyers. 

Are you referring to these reviews??

http://www.secretofchess.com/pages/reviews

SFmadeUjealous
my137thaccount wrote:

Here is some news about Lyudmil's book: http://www.secretofchess.com/news/this-is-the-first-news-25792

Excellent news articles there. It was a great pleasure reading them. Not sure why Lyudmil never mentioned them. 

blacktower01

------------>Here is some news about Lyudmil's book: http://www.secretofchess.com/news/this-is-the-first-news-25792

------------>Excellent news articles there. It was a great pleasure reading them. Not sure why Lyudmil never mentioned them.

and coming from people like you it's a quality assurance.

Christopher_Parsons

I enjoy GM Smerdon's review and agree with him. I find it ironic that he simply utilized the parts that he found applicable to himself, for where he was at in his development. I had done the same thing. I think one of the problems many players face in trying to use the book is that they get intimidated or confused by all of the engine analysis data. They don't see how it is applicable, or they don't understand it. I will admit that it does help, the more versed you are in utilizing an engine as a learning tool, to improve you chess play. Perhaps Lyudmil should write a book about using an chess engine, as a companion book, the Secret of Chess.

I find this book extremely helpful in figuring out where to put your pieces during the middle game, which is probably the most difficult part of the game to study. It is also helpful for where to put your pieces in certain end game scenarios. I haven't even researched many of the positions in the book and simply have made use of the charts that some people claim as useless. 

lfPatriotGames

Perhaps Lyudmil should write a book about using an chess engine, as a companion book, the Secret of Chess.

Isn't that exactly what he did? Isn't the whole point of the book to use a chess computer to play another chess computer? From Lyudmils rating and that of those who read his book, it doesn't appear to be of much use helping play against other people. So if it didn't help him, and it hasn't helped anyone else to any significant degree, it appears it's only useful for people who want to play against chess computers and/or use one computer to play against another computer. I'm not sure how many people that would  appeal to.

Christopher_Parsons
lfPatriotGames wrote:

Perhaps Lyudmil should write a book about using an chess engine, as a companion book, the Secret of Chess.

Isn't that exactly what he did? Isn't the whole point of the book to use a chess computer to play another chess computer? From Lyudmils rating and that of those who read his book, it doesn't appear to be of much use helping play against other people. So if it didn't help him, and it hasn't helped anyone else to any significant degree, it appears it's only useful for people who want to play against chess computers and/or use one computer to play against another computer. I'm not sure how many people that would  appeal to.

No, but yet you have been ragging on him this entire time, like you had a clue what he did....

DeirdreSkye
lfPatriotGames wrote:

No, but yet you have been ragging on him this entire time, like you had a clue what he did....

................says one of the most clueless guys of these forums. I admire the ability of some people to be funny without even trying.

Christopher_Parsons
DeirdreSkye wrote:
lfPatriotGames wrote:

................says one of the most clueless guys of these forums. I admire the ability of some people to be funny without even trying.

Your assessment of me doesn't dignify a further response. However, you could at least try to come up with something better....

DeirdreSkye
DeirdreSkye wrote:
lfPatriotGames wrote:

Your assessment of me doesn't dignify a further response. However, you could at least try to come up with something better....

It's impossible to find something better. We are not all living in imaginery worlds were "humble writers" claim in online forums that they can beat chess engines but they don't play chess because "writing books is more important". You believe  an imaginery method of an imaginery teacher and "strong player" that can't even benefit from his own method . Have you ever seen a fat guy advertising a diet? Why not? Because you had to be an idiot to believe him since his diet can't work even to him.

Tsvetkov gave you a fairy tale and you just bought it without bothering to ask any common sense questions. I can never compete that.

Christopher_Parsons
DeirdreSkye wrote:
DeirdreSkye wrote:
lfPatriotGames wrote:

It's impossible to find something better. We are not all living in imaginery worlds were "humble writers" claim in online forums that they can beat chess engines but they don't play chess because "writing books is more important". You believe  an imaginery method of an imaginery teacher and "strong player" that can't even benefit from his own method . Have you ever seen a fat guy advertising a diet? Why not? Because you had to be an idiot to believe him since his diet can't work even to him.

Tsvetkov gave you a fairy tale and you just bought it without bothering to ask any common sense questions. I can never compete that.

There is a GM I am in agreement with. I don't need to justify my thoughts to you....

lfPatriotGames
lfPatriotGames wrote:

I understand you disagree with the purpose of the book. But my "clue" about what he did is based on the results. I've taken my clues from his rating increase and the rating increase of people who have read his book. Based on that I think the purpose of the book isn't to help people play against other people better. I think the purpose is to use a computer to play against another computer. Like Dierdre said, if an obese person trying to sell a diet book cant even get his diet to work for him, how believable is it that the diet will work for anyone else? Lyudmil seems to place a big importance on how computers work when they are programmed to play chess. I do agree with you on one point though, I have ragging on him almost the entire time. I was supportive at first, but it didn't take long to start ragging on him. For one and only one reason, he LIED. 

DeirdreSkye
DeirdreSkye wrote:
DeirdreSkye wrote:
lfPatriotGames wrote:

There is a GM I am in agreement with. I don't need to justify my thoughts to you....

That GM has no idea of Tsvetkov's claims. What do you think he would say if he knew them?Would he call him delusional , idiot or both?

Also that GM didn't improve even a bit with Tsvetkov's book. If a GM can't improve with Tsvetkov's revolutionary method that reveals 80% of the, until now, hidden knowledge is it reasonable to assume that it's a fairy tale?

Christopher_Parsons

I purchased the Secret of Chess in January 2018, roughly 10 months ago, I put my review of Amazon in March of 2018...

I see improvement since I bought the book, in every area of my game. Here are graphs attesting to that...

null

null

null

null

I am also currently at my highest level in lessons that I have ever been at and reached my highest level in tactics trainer, since buying this book, however, getting put on blood pressure meds has made focusing difficult as of late as it pertains to calculating tactics. 

I have beaten two 2000+ players, twice each in daily variants, since buying this book. I also beat a 1998 USCF rated player in 3/2 blitz since buying this book and have played a few games against ilovesmetuna (2013 FIDE) a few games that I lost, but I still played well in them. I played ilovesmetuna with an account I had here in 2012-2014 and he can attest to my improvement, but I won't ask it of him and really couldn't care less if  Lyudmil's naysayers don't believe him. My improvement is here in living color for everyone to see. For anyone who wants to knock my improvement, I work for a living, am married and have two kids. Sometimes I work an extra 20 hrs per week. I don't have all day and night to sit around playing chess, reading book and didn't even start playing this game regularly until I was 34 or 35. Some of you have been playing regularly since you were a kid and want to make an apples and oranges comparison between us. I wasn't born with a silver spoon up my what not either. I would have been considered a loser had I only sought to play chess in my youth. 

Christopher_Parsons
DeirdreSkye wrote:
DeirdreSkye wrote:
DeirdreSkye wrote:
lfPatriotGames wrote:

That GM has no idea of Tsvetkov's claims. What do you think he would say if he knew them?Would he call him delusional , idiot or both?

Also that GM didn't improve even a bit with Tsvetkov's book. If a GM can't improve with Tsvetkov's revolutionary method that reveals 80% of the, until now, hidden knowledge is it reasonable to assume that it's a fairy tale?

His claims are irrelevant to the contents of the book. Smerdon's review isn't of Lyudmil's behavior. Like I said, I don't care if claims to have built Stockfish, is Magnus Carlsen's daddy and put men on the moon, if the man's books can help me put my pieces on the right squares and pick the right moves.