Forums

This is site EXTREMELY overinflated?

B1ZMARK
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:

It’s a time control, not a variant. A variant would be, for example, Atomic Chess.

Yes, but it is not chess. I consider it a variant because for me anything that isn't chess is a varitant.

Therefore, classical is a variant. Thank you for clearing that up.

Um classical is chess.

No it's not. You use chess as a subjective term. Therefore, classical is a variant. Blitz is also a variant. 

Neither are variants. Both are chess. Get good, stop complaining about your lack of skills in blitz.

Blitz is not chess, if it was why is my blitz 300 points lower than my rapid? You are just upset because for the past 2 years or so, you were play blitz and you were flat. You know why? You don't play chess.

Ha ha, what a joke. You say that if blitz was chess, then it would not be so much lower than your rapid. You proceed to say that I am mad because my blitz is stagnant. 

That is a nice strawman tactic. I have no obligation to answer your second part as it is not relevant to the discussion. But you still have not countered that you are using chess as a subjective term. Therefore I am just as justified saying that classical otb is not chess, blitz is.

By the way - I am perfectly content with my progress in classical.

Then why aren't you improving in blitz or rapid?

I wasn't aware that improvement was a reason to listen to me. I've only stagnated for a couple months. Let's look at this 'not-improvement', shall we?

In June 2019, I created this account. I play some 10min games - these were blitz back then. I am around high 1000s to mid 1100s (glicko). Over the course of the summer I quickly improve to 1500 in late July. Since you're so adamant on this, let's compare our improvement so far.

You started account creation in late December, 2020, starting around the 1300 range. You do not play many games, and four months later, you are 1500 in late April (I am using your rapid). You hit 1600 slightly less than one month later. 

In the process of five months you have improved by 300 points. Exactly five months after my account creation, my 10min blitz rating was 1689. This is an improvement of around 500 points, give or take 30.

One year later, in 11/2020, I have improved to 2200. 

Thank you for giving me this rare opportunity to illuminate my past achievements. Meanwhile I will continue playing blitz for fun.

4go10_legend
MyRatingIs1523IsBack wrote:
4go10_legend wrote:

 

I'm sorry that you play like a 1300 otb

👏👏👏 Thanks for the compliment my otb is 400

assassin3752
B1ZMARK wrote:
llama47 wrote:

Not as overinflated as YOUR MOM.

LLAMA WITH THE ROAST OMG 

shocking, right

Malishious
AunTheKnight wrote:
llama47 wrote:

Not as overinflated as YOUR MOM.

Did not expect that from Llama.

Honestly same, dude's usually a Tame Impala

Malishious
llama47 wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:
llama47 wrote:

Not as overinflated as YOUR MOM.

Did not expect that from Llama.

Yeah, I don't mind being stupid in stupid topics

Completely understandable, I'm getting sick and tired of people posting inflammatory bait in forums in order to get hundreds of angry replies. Keep up the good fight Llama you're a legend

Masked_Titan3000
llama47 wrote:

I admit that you mom is 700 overweight compared to a healthy person.

Seems like this is a common cause of an underaged *THUG KID*. Let's leave this guy alone.

Pulpofeira

Woollensock2
Dear oh dear me ! .......where would we be without our precious ratings ! 🤷‍♂️........my heart bleeds for you guys.
Woollensock2
.......get a life dudes ✌️🤪
Arnaut10

#70 great question

B1ZMARK
lfPatriotGames wrote:

So when it comes to ratings, what's the difference between inflated and overinflated?

#70 - for reference

rychessmaster1

Wha 

THECHESSMAN_78
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:

It’s a time control, not a variant. A variant would be, for example, Atomic Chess.

Yes, but it is not chess. I consider it a variant because for me anything that isn't chess is a varitant.

Therefore, classical is a variant. Thank you for clearing that up.

Um classical is chess.

No it's not. You use chess as a subjective term. Therefore, classical is a variant. Blitz is also a variant. 

Neither are variants. Both are chess. Get good, stop complaining about your lack of skills in blitz.

Blitz is not chess, if it was why is my blitz 300 points lower than my rapid? You are just upset because for the past 2 years or so, you were play blitz and you were flat. You know why? You don't play chess.

Ha ha, what a joke. You say that if blitz was chess, then it would not be so much lower than your rapid. You proceed to say that I am mad because my blitz is stagnant. 

That is a nice strawman tactic. I have no obligation to answer your second part as it is not relevant to the discussion. But you still have not countered that you are using chess as a subjective term. Therefore I am just as justified saying that classical otb is not chess, blitz is.

By the way - I am perfectly content with my progress in classical.

Then why aren't you improving in blitz or rapid?

proving his point there 

B1ZMARK
ninjaswat wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:

It’s a time control, not a variant. A variant would be, for example, Atomic Chess.

Yes, but it is not chess. I consider it a variant because for me anything that isn't chess is a varitant.

Therefore, classical is a variant. Thank you for clearing that up.

Um classical is chess.

No it's not. You use chess as a subjective term. Therefore, classical is a variant. Blitz is also a variant. 

Neither are variants. Both are chess. Get good, stop complaining about your lack of skills in blitz.

Blitz is not chess, if it was why is my blitz 300 points lower than my rapid? You are just upset because for the past 2 years or so, you were play blitz and you were flat. You know why? You don't play chess.

Ha ha, what a joke. You say that if blitz was chess, then it would not be so much lower than your rapid. You proceed to say that I am mad because my blitz is stagnant. 

That is a nice strawman tactic. I have no obligation to answer your second part as it is not relevant to the discussion. But you still have not countered that you are using chess as a subjective term. Therefore I am just as justified saying that classical otb is not chess, blitz is.

By the way - I am perfectly content with my progress in classical.

Then why aren't you improving in blitz or rapid?

he's 2300 how hard do you think he has to claw for rating points bruh

 

 




ninjaswat
B1ZMARK wrote:
ninjaswat wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:

It’s a time control, not a variant. A variant would be, for example, Atomic Chess.

Yes, but it is not chess. I consider it a variant because for me anything that isn't chess is a varitant.

Therefore, classical is a variant. Thank you for clearing that up.

Um classical is chess.

No it's not. You use chess as a subjective term. Therefore, classical is a variant. Blitz is also a variant. 

Neither are variants. Both are chess. Get good, stop complaining about your lack of skills in blitz.

Blitz is not chess, if it was why is my blitz 300 points lower than my rapid? You are just upset because for the past 2 years or so, you were play blitz and you were flat. You know why? You don't play chess.

Ha ha, what a joke. You say that if blitz was chess, then it would not be so much lower than your rapid. You proceed to say that I am mad because my blitz is stagnant. 

That is a nice strawman tactic. I have no obligation to answer your second part as it is not relevant to the discussion. But you still have not countered that you are using chess as a subjective term. Therefore I am just as justified saying that classical otb is not chess, blitz is.

By the way - I am perfectly content with my progress in classical.

Then why aren't you improving in blitz or rapid?

he's 2300 how hard do you think he has to claw for rating points bruh

 

 




Never mind-

B1ZMARK

Meanwhile otb: