Forums

THREE player chess board?!

Sort:
RookedOnChess

OK, I'm pretty new to chess, so never heard of this. When I went onto ebay to check out chess boards, I saw this. The only thing I can think of when I look at it, thinking of what it takes to master a TWO-player game, is "How hard THIS must be!" lol

Item image

dawgface420

Looks like a game involving more diplomacy than cold logic.

yakushi12345
dawgface420 wrote:

Looks like a game involving more diplomacy than cold logic.

Agreed, now 2 on 2 team chess would be an interesting enterprise.

RookedOnChess

hmmmm...only if they could discuss each move as a team. I remember with "Magnus vs. the World" when, with 3 masters all with generally different approaches, Susan Polgar explained it best as "too many cooks in the kitchen" creating confusion. I totally agreed.

machinecraig

I got a Chess4 set a while back and tried playing in teams ... let's just say I didn't find as much fun as regular chess.

To accomodate four armies, the board becomes so big that bishops, queens, and rooks overpower the other pieces. And there are so many threats on the board at once that it's very hard to evaluate. 

It does make for an insane game though.

RookedOnChess

I would think you'd need a LOT of mental stamina for these games!

Pat_Zerr

The way I understand that 4 player game, you can either play partners or 4 different opponents.  You can play it so that if you checkmate one of your opponents, his pieces then become your pieces and you can move them as yours. 

I admit I've never seen the 3 player version before, but I imagine it could be played the same way.

RookedOnChess

I guess it's good if you want a change from straight chess or if 3 or 4 people want to be in on the same game instead of separate.

waffllemaster

I played 4 way chess on a circle board, it was fun but you get backstabbed!

RookedOnChess

Yeah, it's got to be hair-raising being attacked, not just head on, but from both sides, too!

tranminhkhoi2

want to try it now Laughing

rrachkov

You can try it here: 3 player chess - multiplayer and free online three player chess variant.

RookedOnChess

How cool! Thanks :)

TRIAD-CH3SS

If you have a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Tablet or Smartphone, you can play TRIAD-CHESS and free online player chess variant

Triad-Chess

Computer Windows

Apple Mac

Apple iPad “Free”

Apple iPad “Pro”

Apple iPhone/iPod Touch “Free”

Apple iPhone/iPod Touch “Pro”

Android

Twitter

FaceBook

MySpace

Google+

Dailymotion

YouTube

ChessisGood

I have played both four- and three-player chess before, and must admit that I found four-player to be much more fun. In three-player chess, the pieces are forced to move at strange angles as they hit the middle of the board. The gameplay is changed enough that it hardly resembles real chess.

In four-player, however, the game is filled with a unique strategy that is part Chess and part Risk. You must convince others to help you, or at least not hurt you. Only the best diplomats can win at four-player, and it is truly interesting to see alliances form and break. Also, if you play with the same group of people over and over, a solid reputation is as good as a won game. The strategy to this game is simply endless...

TRIAD-CH3SS
ChessisGood wrote:

I have played both four- and three-player chess before, and must admit that I found four-player to be much more fun. In three-player chess, the pieces are forced to move at strange angles as they hit the middle of the board. The gameplay is changed enough that it hardly resembles real chess.

In four-player, however, the game is filled with a unique strategy that is part Chess and part Risk. You must convince others to help you, or at least not hurt you. Only the best diplomats can win at four-player, and it is truly interesting to see alliances form and break. Also, if you play with the same group of people over and over, a solid reputation is as good as a won game. The strategy to this game is simply endless...

you're right ChessisGood about the chess game with three players (ThreeChess, 3 Man Chess, TriChess, etc.), but you've never tried the TRIAD-CHESS.

- The directions of pieces are continuous without angle

- The rules are identical to the traditional rules of the chess game

try and see...

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english

Triad-Chess

Computer Windows

Apple Mac

Apple iPad “Free”

Apple iPad “Pro”

Android

Twitter

FaceBook

MySpace

Google+

Dailymotion

YouTube

TRIAD-CH3SS

Ah... you have a demo here

IIISE7ENIII

Hi TRIAD-CH3SS,

your game is very cool... congratulation !

Do you sell wooden game ?

TRIAD-CH3SS
IIISE7ENIII wrote:

Hi TRIAD-CH3SS,

Thank you SE7EN,

It is expected but not right away, it will be sold only at the site of the TRIAD-CHESS

Triad-Chess

Computer Windows

Apple Mac

Apple iPad “Free”

Apple iPad “Pro”

Android

Twitter

FaceBook

MySpace

Google+

Dailymotion

YouTube

IIISE7ENIII
TRIAD-CH3SS wrote:
IIISE7ENIII wrote:

Hi TRIAD-CH3SS,

Thank you SE7EN,

It is expected but not right away, it will be sold only at the site of the TRIAD-CHESS

Triad-Chess

Computer Windows

Apple Mac

Apple iPad “Free”

Apple iPad “Pro”

Android

Twitter

FaceBook

MySpace

Google+