KASPAROV

NEZHMETNINOV

FISCHER

GELLER

IVANCHUCK

WEI YI

RADJABOV

TOPALOV (with computer help) Cheater

There's a new book on San Luis which renews the old rumors that Topalov cheated, especially in the first half of the tournament. I remember reading one GM's interview who suggested that Topalov later accused Kramnik of cheating in their match (a patently ridiculous claim when you look at the moves they played) in much the same manner that he had cheated. 

I think this list is romantic, and doesn't give enough credit to the brilliant tacticians that are playing today. 

So Topalov cheated his way to a 0-2 start?

SmyslovFan
macer75 wrote:
SmyslovFan wrote:

TOPALOV (with computer help) Cheater

There's a new book on San Luis which renews the old rumors that Topalov cheated, especially in the first half of the tournament. I remember reading one GM's interview who suggested that Topalov later accused Kramnik of cheating in their match (a patently ridiculous claim when you look at the moves they played) in much the same manner that he had cheated. 

I think this list is romantic, and doesn't give enough credit to the brilliant tacticians that are playing today. 

So Topalov cheated his way to a 0-2 start?

What??? Topalov scored 6.5/7 in the first half of the San Luis 2005 event. 

HorribleTomato
immortalgamer wrote:

My List:

1. Kasparov

2. Tal

3. Alekhine

4. Radjabov

5. Topalov

6. Spasskey

7. Geller

8. Nezhmetdinov (CRAZYNESS IF YOU DON'T KNOW HIS GAMES)

9. Anand

10. Capablanca

Special Consideration:

Morphy, Anderson, Stenitz, Blackburne, Marshall (who didn't make my top ten but have a special place in my heart)

You are mistaken. Either I am blind, or Fisher isn't on the list, not even in honorable mentions! angry.pngthumbdown.pngbullet.pngcoaches.png

x0v3rDarKx
[COMMENT DELETED]
x0v3rDarKx

1. Carlsen

2. Kaspy

3. Shirov

4. Naka

5. Fischer

6. J. Polgar

7. Hansen

8. So

9. Alekhine

10. Tal

fabelhaft

"There's a new book on San Luis which renews the old rumors that Topalov cheated, especially in the first half of the tournament. I remember reading one GM's interview who suggested that Topalov later accused Kramnik of cheating in their match (a patently ridiculous claim when you look at the moves they played) in much the same manner that he had cheated"

The claim that Topalov cheated (no less ridiculous than the claim that Kramnik cheated, at least to me) didn't exactly take into account for example that he played himself into a lost position against Leko before the latter blundered and lost... Topalov was simply the best player in the world in 2005, and also showed many times later that he could play on that level. I think the claims after more or less every event that he won thanks to cheating has never been based on much else than wishful thinking...

x0v3rDarKx
[COMMENT DELETED]