Forums

USCF comparison with chess.com ratings

Sort:
crazypersn

there is a big I do not care factor. I do better when the pressure is on so in USCF I play better

travis1010

The best way to figure out what your USCF rating would be is to play some OTB tournaments :).  Find a club near you, its not that scary I promise.

konanekane
SimonWebbsTiger wrote:

apart from the differences noted above, I believe they use the glicko (spelling?) rating equation.

Just a clarification here: USCF doesn't use Glicko. There is no time-dependency (RD factor) in the USCF rating system.

Pawnpusher3

Yes, USCF does not use glicko. If they did, chess.com and USCF would be pretty close. USCF does have a feature for new players called provisional ratings though, where the rating does fluctuate a lot. 

mindloss

It's true that your CC rating doesn't directly predict your USCF rating, or vice versa, but it's silly to say they aren't correlated. As discussed in other threads, CC turn-based ratings tend to run ~300 points higher than USCF, give or take. There are exceptions but that's the trend.

(My USCF: 1531, CC: 1890)

azziralc

How to have a USCF rating?

Pawnpusher3

Are we assuming people are taking their time in correspondence though? Or just playing as fast as they would in bullet lol. 

MrEdCollins
nyLsel wrote:

How to have a USCF rating?

Easy.  Play in USCF tournaments.

http://main.uschess.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=199

cdoyle100

My blitz rating is 1366 and my uscf rating is 1800Cool

johnmusacha

Holy crap, Samsch, your bullet rating is awesome.