Forums

WCC 2013 will be on India

Sort:
Tinku_Basumatary
Estragon wrote:

Chennai is a fine location for a title match and will represent India very well to the chess world.  There is no problem playing in Anand's home country - I believe he's lived in Spain most of the time for years anyway.  The government is involved in guaranteeing the sponsorship, so red tape will not ensnare the logistics.

There might be some places a player would not want to face the "home" favorite, but this is not the case here and Anand has always been insistent on correct behavior, an absolute gentleman of chess. 

Carlsen, of course, will be accompanied by his family and management team, who have taken very good care of him thus far.  He will not be eating some local cuisine for the first time during a title match, his diet will be strictly controlled and he will not be found wandering into the bad part of town on his own, you can be certain.

He will have a bigger problem overcoming Anand's sound positional play and keen tactical sense, not to mention match experience at the highest level since 1995.

it sounds you know much about chennaiWink

Likhit1

I really wud love to visit the venue!I hope my exams dont geti n the way.

Tinku_Basumatary
Likhit1 wrote:

I really wud love to visit the venue!I hope my exams dont geti n the way.

you can only hope in this matter

netzach

http://www.chess.com/news/world-championship-set-for-chennai-4748

Tinku_Basumatary

Yes ,yesterday the agreement has been signed.