Forums

What is the best compliment you can get from your opponent?

Sort:
SazerX

A new one of mine.  "I hate you"

ajttja

they go to the forum and post a topic called "CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", post the game and say, he should be kicked, it was obiously comuputer play.

InsanePlayer99

I think the longest compliment you could ever get from people nowadays are ggwp. Even then the wp is left out.

ponz111

Here is the best compliment I ever received from an opponent. In this correspondence game I made an unusual move and my opponent resigned.

Hw was assuming I could win from the final position.

benjxg

My personal favorite so far when a guy was in a hopeless position: "You dam Yanks shood be banned frum dis site" 

Scottrf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yNFDgfqvG8

Lou-for-you

Will you marry me? Please?

ElKitch
ponz111 wrote:

Here is the best compliment I ever received from an opponent. In this correspondence game I made an unusual move and my opponent resigned.

Hw was assuming I could win from the final position.

What was the move?

ponz111

The move was the backward move  Nh8!!

This was many years ago way before chess engines--I wonder what chess engines would think of my move now...

chessmaster102
ponz111 wrote:

This was many years ago way before chess engines--I wonder what chess engines would think of my move now...

didnt you already post this tho ?

Russ_Houghton

For such a crappy player, you sure are good in the sack. Here, let me get my twin, she's a hot blonde girl with big boobs, just like me.

ElKitch
ponz111 wrote:

yes, I am a patzer. I dont see what the move does!

ManicDemoN

I like the waaay yooou moooove!!! xD xD

ponz111

ELKitch.  That move does a lot of things. For one thing look at my vulnerable d6 pawn--after Nh8  and then Nc7 that pawn is protected and I have time go go after the vulnerable White pawn on b3. There is a whole plan for Black which is hard to explain here.  But my point is my very strong opponent saw the plan and assumed I was good enough to do the plan and thus he resigned.

ElKitch

ye I see now! Not much for white to gain by attacking. I think my move for white would be Kh3.

steve_bute

"I want you to have my babies."

bean_Fischer

The nicest compliment. After losing, my opponent said "You use and engine".

After losing, my opponent said "I know you only win because of my mistake".