Forums

What is the best web browser for chess.com?

Sort:
Scala

Hi

I been using Opera in chess.com but i star to play 1 minute game and i think that this browser its a little slow...

So whats the best Chrome, Internet Explorer 9 or firefox

Whats the recommendation from Chess.com?

kised

i think chess.com is slow on every browser.am using firefox 12 but it sometimes freezes,do u also face the same problem on opera.

gabrielconroy

I had to stop using Firefox for this site because of all the freezes and lags. I stopped using Opera a while back too because the diagrams wouldn't display properly. Chrome, on the other hand, is lightning fast so I guess I'd recommend that (for chess.com at least).

Scala

I was instaling chrome and will give it  a test...

Kised2 I thiink i have the same problem with opera

Skwerly

many members say that chrome works well with chess.com.  :)

Richard

Hi Scala,

Internet Explorer is not really compatible with most websites out there, and the same could be said for Opera too.

Iv been on this site over 4 years now, and the greatest 2 browsers i think are

1) Mozilla Firefox (12.0)

2) Google Chrome

For stability and continuity id go with Firefox, and for speed id go with chrome.

To be honest i use both and rarely run into any bother, just make sure that you do not download or stream (music, video, youtube etc) if your connection cant handle it.

Its better to run the site without other programs eating up your resources.

Hope that helps

Regards

Hydra

tfulk

I had many problems with ie9, in playing live chess. I switched to chrome, and it's great. 

Spiffe

erik, the site founder, is a big Chrome evangelist, so that's probably your best bet.  Other browsers used to work well too until the site redesign.  It's pretty poor that I had to install a new web browser to be able to comment on this post.  Seriously.  Frown

stephen_33

Simple answer - anything except Internet Explorer !  Mine was slowly grinding to a halt on this site but then I downloaded Chrome & it's great. The staff recommended it to me, so I think the pages may be designed with Chrome in mind although not having tried any other browser, I can't comment on them.

My advice to anyone is give Google Chrome a try - it does everything I need & fast.

Scala

After several games I think the best browser is Chrome 

The_Storm1

My I say something here:

Google chrome is a good one...

Richard

I use chrome as my primary browser too :)

MSC157
Hydra wrote:

Hi Scala,

Internet Explorer is not really compatible with most websites out there, and the same could be said for Opera too.

Iv been on this site over 4 years now, and the greatest 2 browsers i think are

1) Mozilla Firefox (12.0)

2) Google Chrome

For stability and continuity id go with Firefox, and for speed id go with chrome.

To be honest i use both and rarely run into any bother, just make sure that you do not download or stream (music, video, youtube etc) if your connection cant handle it.

Its better to run the site without other programs eating up your resources.

Hope that helps

Regards

Hydra

+1 :)

parag1

Even wih chrome, I sometimes run in to freezing problem ... not exactly freezing, but I would call it sticking. Its just that the piece wont move at all, like its stuck to the place, and would take a few seconds ... I find that the cpu % is around 20-30 or so for chrome that time. Does anyone have similar issue, or there is something wrong at my side?

RonaldJosephCote

Jaclyn from Staff told me about a yr ago that Chrome is the most stable.

social_climber

thor

RonaldJosephCote

Thor is notorious for hackers

vampirechamp

Happy new year 2005. PS: I am using IE.

SerEdMort

I use Chrome and I've never experienced any serious problems.

thejacka1

I'm using Chrome but keep getting little freezes and/or a lag when trying to move fast in bullet games. Anyone have any general tips on how to get your pieces moving faster and more smoothly in bullet games? I usually play on a PC with good internet connection.