Forums

What is the worst way to lose at chess?

Sort:
SpartanWarrior7

Resign.

FortunaMajor

Self-mate.

LouStule

The worst way to lose at chess? How about this one. My poor opponent was up the whole game and even had 11 point material advantage on me when I pulled a super sneaky move on the poor Dude. I actually felt sorry for him after this, hence why I have changed his name. Enjoy this and take a lesson.

Aboutaverage

"Sucker punch"mates when in dominant, winning position (especially when you see it the moment you've moved+don't think your opponent has & try not to react-eventually to no avail)- similar, miscalculation of move sequence by just ONE when both working towards a mate-these are bad-but the worst,for me, is when you've played well and accurately in a long,close,game-especially over many days-finally got the upper hand and with JUST ONE casual or tired move,throw it all away.

IAmPomi

When you commit 2 HUGE MISTAKES at the end, and you resign. Game: https://www.chess.com/daily/game/270610074

goodbye27

gf calls and you have to resign :9

AlCzervik

i had recently had an operation and was drugged up when i moved my queen to a place where my opponent took it with a pawn. 

eeeasdfasdf

When you lose to your personal rival haha