Forums

What is your prediction about Anand vs Carlsen?

Sort:
fabelhaft

In his interesting review of 2013 Shipov summed the match up like this:

"Historically speaking, the match will go down as a formality. The world’s strongest player came and easily claimed his legitimate title. The real World Champion became the official World Champion"

http://crestbook.com/en/node/1879

Irontiger
FirebrandX wrote:
Irontiger wrote:

The wake-up will be terrible for all Carlsen fanboys...

Bet you wish you could take that one back, eh?

Well, I still have some trouble realizing how Anand got trampled.

Why would I take it back ? It's not like I have never been wrong.

Jion_Wansu

How many of these threads are there? Can't there be just 1 Carlsen VS Anand 2014 thread?

MSC157
Timothy_P wrote:
blueemu wrote:
MSC157 wrote:

It's all very obvious. If Magnus wins only 1 game more than Anand in the first 8 games, Anand will catch him. Otherwise not.

For the 1st tie-break I would say Anand can win this. If not, Carlsen will take the title.

Seriously? I look at it the other way... Anand will have much better opening prep, but Carlsen will have more stamina since he's a much younger man and in good physical shape. I expect Anand to win the short games and take an early lead, but Carlsen will win the long ones and come from behind. Anand needs to go two or three games up in the first half of the match, or Carlsen will catch him and pass him in the second half. By the latter half of the match, Anand will have already used up most of his killer novelties, and he'll be tiring faster than Carlsen is.

I tend to agree with blueemu here (sorry MSC).

Tim & Emu, you still disagree with me? Laughing