x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

What Kind Of Chess Channel Would You Like To See?

  • #41
    IMBacon wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    will_n wrote:
    What about when you have disdain for all religions except your own? Is that better? I think the absence of religion from government is a step in the right direction.

    Sort of. In an ideal world there would either be 1 religion (which everyone agrees is true) or no religion (because everyone agrees they're false). There wouldn't be this half-assed lets respect them all.

    But in the real world it doesn't work this way, so IMO it's probably better to respect them all.

    (Even though I know you're shamelessly baiting, I don't mind talking about this stuff)

    But thats the society we foster.  I call it the T_Ball syndrome.  "Eveyones a winner"  "All Inclusive" Everyone gets there feelings hurt.  No one can have a discussion about anything anymore.  If i dont agree with you, im hate filled, phobic, or some other hot button word of the moment.  

    I call myself liberal, but I agree there's definitely a fascist nasty side to the left, where certain ideas, words, and attitudes are not allowed. This is completely out of step with open minded, logical, evidence based reasoning.

  • #42
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    IMBacon wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    will_n wrote:
    What about when you have disdain for all religions except your own? Is that better? I think the absence of religion from government is a step in the right direction.

    Sort of. In an ideal world there would either be 1 religion (which everyone agrees is true) or no religion (because everyone agrees they're false). There wouldn't be this half-assed lets respect them all.

    But in the real world it doesn't work this way, so IMO it's probably better to respect them all.

    (Even though I know you're shamelessly baiting, I don't mind talking about this stuff)

    But thats the society we foster.  I call it the T_Ball syndrome.  "Eveyones a winner"  "All Inclusive" Everyone gets there feelings hurt.  No one can have a discussion about anything anymore.  If i dont agree with you, im hate filled, phobic, or some other hot button word of the moment.  

    I call myself liberal, but I agree there's definitely a fascist nasty side to the left, where certain ideas, words, and attitudes are not allowed. This is completely out of step with open minded, logical, evidence based reasoning.

    Kinda how Nazi Germany got started.  Censor things, make people afraid to speak out.  The left shouts you down, accuses people of being "intolerant", labeling anyone withan opinon that doesnt align with there hate filled.  The media with there fear mongering.  And we just go along with it "As long as my party is in power"

  • #43

    As for the freedom to worship, I think that's a core value of US along with things like freedom of speech. I don't think this is analogous to participation trophies where everyone is a winner. It sounds good to say this is the one true religion, and no one has a choice, but what happens when "they" (the government) doesn't pick your religion? It's a big mess for society.

  • #44
    IMBacon wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    IMBacon wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    will_n wrote:
    What about when you have disdain for all religions except your own? Is that better? I think the absence of religion from government is a step in the right direction.

    Sort of. In an ideal world there would either be 1 religion (which everyone agrees is true) or no religion (because everyone agrees they're false). There wouldn't be this half-assed lets respect them all.

    But in the real world it doesn't work this way, so IMO it's probably better to respect them all.

    (Even though I know you're shamelessly baiting, I don't mind talking about this stuff)

    But thats the society we foster.  I call it the T_Ball syndrome.  "Eveyones a winner"  "All Inclusive" Everyone gets there feelings hurt.  No one can have a discussion about anything anymore.  If i dont agree with you, im hate filled, phobic, or some other hot button word of the moment.  

    I call myself liberal, but I agree there's definitely a fascist nasty side to the left, where certain ideas, words, and attitudes are not allowed. This is completely out of step with open minded, logical, evidence based reasoning.

    Kinda how Nazi Germany got started.  Censor things, make people afraid to speak out.  

    I agree. Maybe this is a societal problem and not a partisan problem. Lets not forget the fascist leanings on the right too... just look at the recent attempts to suppress the free press.

  • #45
    bb_gum234 wrote:

    As for the freedom to worship, I think that's a core value of US along with things like freedom of speech. I don't think this is analogous to participation trophies where everyone is a winner. It sounds good to say this is the one true religion, and no one has a choice, but what happens when "they" (the government) doesn't pick your religion? It's a big mess for society.

    As a Christian i believe we all have a right to worship.  We may not all worship the same thing, but that is our right.  But do not tell me that my worshiping of someone you dont believe exists "offends" you.  

    How hypocritical is it that religious people are accused of "forcing" there beliefs on others, but liberals feel its perfectly ok to force there beliefs on others?  And disgree, or have an opinion, and hrre comes the hate/phobia card.

  • #46
    IMBacon wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:

    As for the freedom to worship, I think that's a core value of US along with things like freedom of speech. I don't think this is analogous to participation trophies where everyone is a winner. It sounds good to say this is the one true religion, and no one has a choice, but what happens when "they" (the government) doesn't pick your religion? It's a big mess for society.

    As a Christian i believe we all have a right to worship.  We may not all worship the same thing, but that is our right.  But do not tell me that my worshiping of someone you dont believe exists "offends" you.  

    How hypocritical is it that religious people are accused of "forcing" there beliefs on others, but liberals feel its perfectly ok to force there beliefs on others?  And disgree, or have an opinion, and hrre comes the hate/phobia card.

    That's strange to me. As a Christian you respect people can worship other Gods? Isn't it your duty as a Christian to tell them the Truth (with a capital T)? Or at least as a caring person, who wants others to go to heaven (which will not happen if they don't know the Truth)?

    As for forcing beliefs, I'm not sure, I'd have to look at specific cases. In general though, I'll just say I'm from the south where it's not uncommon to see Mormons on their bikes going door to door. Sure this isn't forcing people, but it's somewhat intrusive. As for liberals "forcing" their beliefs on you, well, IMO if a view you disagree with is backed up by logic and evidence, then it's your responsibility as a thinking person to change your view (unless you can use logic and evidence to defend the view you currently hold).

  • #47

    As for what offends me, if you want to say "I'm not sure whether God exists, but I choose to have faith" sure that's fine. If you say it's definitely true then that's ridiculous. If you try to change my view without evidence and logic then yes, that's intellectually offensive to me.

  • #48
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    IMBacon wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:

    As for the freedom to worship, I think that's a core value of US along with things like freedom of speech. I don't think this is analogous to participation trophies where everyone is a winner. It sounds good to say this is the one true religion, and no one has a choice, but what happens when "they" (the government) doesn't pick your religion? It's a big mess for society.

    As a Christian i believe we all have a right to worship.  We may not all worship the same thing, but that is our right.  But do not tell me that my worshiping of someone you dont believe exists "offends" you.  

    How hypocritical is it that religious people are accused of "forcing" there beliefs on others, but liberals feel its perfectly ok to force there beliefs on others?  And disgree, or have an opinion, and hrre comes the hate/phobia card.

    That's strange to me. As a Christian you respect people can worship other Gods? Isn't it your duty as a Christian to tell them the Truth (with a capital T)? Or at least as a caring person, who wants others to go to heaven (which will not happen if they don't know the Truth)?

    As for forcing beliefs, I'm not sure, I'd have to look at specific cases. In general though, I'll just say I'm from the south where it's not uncommon to see Mormons on their bikes going door to door. Sure this isn't forcing people, but it's somewhat intrusive. As for liberals "forcing" their beliefs on you, well, IMO if a view you disagree with is backed up by logic and evidence, then it's your responsibility as a thinking person to change your view (unless you can use logic and evidence to defend the view you currently hold).

    Thats the point.  I dont have to like it, but i can respect there right to make a decision.  But that also doesnt mean i wont, or cant tell them about Jesus Christ.  Im just not going to be like our society, and lose my mind becuse they dont believe what i beleive.  

  • #49
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    IMBacon wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    IMBacon wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    will_n wrote:
    What about when you have disdain for all religions except your own? Is that better? I think the absence of religion from government is a step in the right direction.

    Sort of. In an ideal world there would either be 1 religion (which everyone agrees is true) or no religion (because everyone agrees they're false). There wouldn't be this half-assed lets respect them all.

    But in the real world it doesn't work this way, so IMO it's probably better to respect them all.

    (Even though I know you're shamelessly baiting, I don't mind talking about this stuff)

    But thats the society we foster.  I call it the T_Ball syndrome.  "Eveyones a winner"  "All Inclusive" Everyone gets there feelings hurt.  No one can have a discussion about anything anymore.  If i dont agree with you, im hate filled, phobic, or some other hot button word of the moment.  

    I call myself liberal, but I agree there's definitely a fascist nasty side to the left, where certain ideas, words, and attitudes are not allowed. This is completely out of step with open minded, logical, evidence based reasoning.

    Kinda how Nazi Germany got started.  Censor things, make people afraid to speak out.  

    I agree. Maybe this is a societal problem and not a partisan problem. Lets not forget the fascist leanings on the right too... just look at the recent attempts to suppress the free press.

    The press has been bought and sold so many times.  Its nto about the freedom of the press anymore.  Its about either reporting the left, or right POV.  The truth? Whats that?  Lets get our agenda across, and throw in some fear mongering while we are at it.  

  • #50
  • #51
    Would you rather have an alleged sex offender as president or Bernie Sanders, ex president of Utah?
  • #52

    have some respect to the thread creator , youve been asked on a fair few occasions to not bring these topics to this thread , i see you understand english , so dont ignore thanks

    anyway here is mato , i like his vids

           

  • #53
    Butcher_Bill wrote:

    Guys please. You know this is not allowed. Without rules the 5 points would descend into chaos. Please reread the TOS. No religion or politics.

    Yes yes, it's very funny how a troll suddenly cares about TOS. Too bad for you neither our discussion nor your complaints managed to derail the topic.

  • #54
    schttrj wrote:

    I have two questions. What kind of chess channel attracts you more on YouTube?

     I like to watch titled players play blitz and give some analysis. Or titled players analyze game from recent elite tournaments.



    schttrj wrote:

    And would you mind if it was not by a highly rated player but a chess enthusiast? 

     I watched some Hutch, he's something like 1300-1500 (sorry to him if I got that wrong)... but you need some kind of gimick. If a player is much worse than me, then it's no fun watching them blunder and give bad analysis. No offense, I'm sure you feel the same way. So you'll need a gimick, charisma, or to be frank, cleavage.



    schttrj wrote:

    NOTE: If you have got any further suggestion, do let me know.

    For example, it might be fun to stream a match vs someone in the forum. You could post a topic about it where the results are posted in a table, with some highlights from the games. That way people read, maybe learn from some of the mistakes and good moves, and then they might watch next time there's a match.

  • #55

  • #56
    bb_gum234 wrote:
    schttrj wrote:

    I have two questions. What kind of chess channel attracts you more on YouTube?

     I like to watch titled players play blitz and give some analysis. Or titled players analyze game from recent elite tournaments.



    schttrj wrote:

    And would you mind if it was not by a highly rated player but a chess enthusiast? 

     I watched some Hutch, he's something like 1300-1500 (sorry to him if I got that wrong)... but you need some kind of gimick. If a player is much worse than me, then it's no fun watching them blunder and give bad analysis. No offense, I'm sure you feel the same way. So you'll need a gimick, charisma, or to be frank, cleavage.



    schttrj wrote:

    NOTE: If you have got any further suggestion, do let me know.

    For example, it might be fun to stream a match vs someone in the forum. You could post a topic about it where the results are posted in a table, with some highlights from the games. That way people read, maybe learn from some of the mistakes and good moves, and then they might watch next time there's a match.

    I understand what you are saying.

    The thing is that, it seems that it seems like you cannot do much on chess, apart from analysis, live streaming of games or just plain tutorials.

    I do analyze a LOT of master games, and I can upload that of course.

    But as Patzer says, I am not a titled player. Apparently, that seems to be an issue for others. They want credibility, right?

Top

Online Now