19988 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
1. Two rooks or a queen
2. 2 bishops and 1 knight or a queen
3. 8 pawns or 1 rook
4. 1 rook, 1 bishop, 2 pawns, or a queen and 1 pawn
5. 4 pawns or 1 knight
6. 9 queens in a game or a rating of (1450-1850)
7. 7/7 with gold in one live chess live tournament or 8/14 in online chess with bronze
8. Your name being Fabiano Caruana or Vladimir Kramnik
9. Playing against Kasparov or Deep Blue
10. Winning at chess or enjoying chess
Enjoying chess I would say for the 10th question :)
1. Depends on the position.
2. Depends on the position.
3. Depends on the position.
4. Depends on the position.
5. Depends on the position (possible helpmates).
6. Prefer to earn my rating, and 9 queens isn't a game I need worry about.
7. Don't care either way.
8. Probably Vlady, but this question is pointless.
9. The honor of playing Kasparov (my desktop with Houdini 3 and Stockfish 4 is already light years ahead of Deep Blue's playing strength).
10. Winning IS enjoying chess. Nobody would enjoy chess if they lost every game. The drive to play is the drive to win.
1. Depends on all the other pieces.2. Depends on all the other pieces.3. 8 pawns, but still will depend.4. Depends on all the other pieces.5. Depends on all the other pieces.6. ?7. Depends.8. Both first names are interesting, not sure.9. Kasparov10. As a preferential question, this is poorly phrased. People by definition prefer enjoyment to non-enjoyment.
1. 2 Rooks2. 2 Bishops and a Knight3. 8 Pawns4. Rook+Bishop+2 Pawns5. 4 Pawns6. Rating7. Live Chess8. Caruana9. Kasparov10. Strange Question. If I wouldn't enjoy it already I woulnd't play. I'm okay with not winning as long as it's not caused by blunders.
3. 8 pawns
4. Queen and one pawn
5. 4 pawns
6. the rating of1450-1850
7. 8/14 in online chess tournament.
10. Enjoying the game of chess.
9 queens just means I don't know how to checkmate properly, and that rating range is beneath me. Taking either options will make me a worse player than I currently am, so this is a tough question.
Your rating is 1472
1. 2 rooks
2. 2 bishops and 1 knight
4. Rook, bishop and 2 pawns
6. 9 queens
10. Enjoying chess
That's just on chess.com
IRL I'm 2037
I don't know how strong you are, but on chess.com you have not played enough standard games to have an accurate rating. Since Blitz and bullet are not accurate enought, i would say that he easily could be much better though i have no idea if he is
1 two rooks
2 depending on the position of the minor pieces or the position of the pawns, but if all were sound three minor pieces
3 8 pawns
4 rook bishop 2 pawns
5 i'll take the pawns in the endgame, the knight in the middle
6 i don't get the point of this one
9 Definatly Kasparov, deep blue may have beaten Kasparov, but still i would play Kasparov
10 to win, although i would rather play a strong player and get crushed, than to play a weak player and crush him!
Anyone choosing specifics in the first five questions hasn't been playing chess long enough to know you can get trapped picking the obvious. Let's take question #3 for example since many people are choosing 8 pawns:
Whether it's white to move or black to move, black wins this endgame with the lone rook. That's why "depends on the position" covers your ass. ;-)
on almost all the answers it does, but i would say in general 8 pawns is better than one rook depends a lot on position though
"In general" wasn't in the parameters of the question.
Depends on everything. ;)
2/7/2016 - Quick And Painless
by dmalejo a few minutes ago
i play chess like mikhail tal what are good openings for me?
by Ziggy_Zugzwang a few minutes ago
by Mrmath 4 minutes ago
Looking for a possibe opening (white)
by Fiveofswords 6 minutes ago
Missed win in sicilian?
by Rodiath 6 minutes ago
Oh my God I cant break 1600 in blitz!
by Pulpofeira 9 minutes ago
2/5/2016 - Touchdown
by BryanCFB 12 minutes ago
by Derekjj 17 minutes ago
Moving where - who decides?
by fish-bag 18 minutes ago
Mate puzzles from your own games
by texaspete 19 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2016 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!