Forums

which is the best chess book for me???

Sort:
Sanket44

hello, my chess.com rating is between 1300-1400 . so i want to improve my game..anyone knows which is the best book for me.

roshan512

"yaseer seirawan :winning chess strategies" is good book for rating 1300-1600. try this

baddogno

A feature that many members are unaware of is that the forums are archived.  If you do a search of the forums ( the little box labeled "search forums" in the upper right) for "best book" or "best beginner book" you will find literally dozens of previous threads with lively discussions of books.  Kind of hard to recommend something without knowing a bit more of your strengths and weaknesses.

Sanket44

thx

Campione

Chernev's 'Logical Chess' would be suitable too

Sanket44
Campione wrote:

Chernev's 'Logical Chess' would be suitable too

thx

transpo
Sanket44 wrote:

hello, my chess.com rating is between 1300-1400 . so i want to improve my game..anyone knows which is the best book for me.

"How to Think Ahead In Chess", by Fred Rienfeld and I.A. Horowitz

Very little chess notation of long variations.  Alot of words explaining the reasons behind the moves and openings they recommend.  Lots of diagrams.  You can read and study without getting out a board and pieces.

You can purchase it online for $0.79 in paperback plus S&H.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/how-to-think-ahead-in-chess-israel-a-horowitz/1000443331?ean=9780671211387