Forums

which opening u preffer most?

Sort:
a_a_p

ENGLISH(1.C4)is my favourite opening,while playing with white . it has some good traps and great continuations... and FOUR KNIGHT is my fav continuation.. 

so share 

which opening u like most while playing with white?

SystematiChaos

The Italian Game. It's awesome.

But English is also not that bad...

As black, the Franco-Benoni Defense.

ViktorHNielsen

I like the ruy lopez, nice strategic game

But I also like the SMG, which is more wily. I prefer having the better pawn structure.

a_a_p

but in SMG . black has a chance if they know the ri8 continuation is not it? though i hav not played that much

Mainline_Novelty

Even if Black plays completely accurately (which in a practical setting is unlinkely), White still gets an ok game, despite being objectively equal or even slightly worse, White gets a lot more of the fun, and practical chances, especially at Class level are often with the attacker.

EDIT : I'm assuming "SMG" is Smith-Morra Gambit, right?

a_a_p

yes

TheGreatOogieBoogie

The gay retard, which goes 1.g4,e5 2.Nh3,d5 3.f3

Lol just kidding, I usually open with either 1.d4 1.Nf3 or 1.b3 depending on my mood. 

a_a_p

what do u make the next move after 1.nf3

MISTERGQ

QGD, Slav,Nimzo-Indian,Queens Indian.

But Im only playing e4 lines now for practice =[

gaereagdag

Frankenstein Dracula Opening because  I am a closet vampire and I live in a coffin.

a_a_p
linuxblue1 wrote:

Frankenstein Dracula Opening because  I am a closet vampire and I live in a coffin.

is there really this kind of opening? if yes please give the moves

gaereagdag

It is. Vienna Game from memory. I'm a bit too old to know how to put moves up. Someone will.

a_a_p

oh ya ya . i alsp like vienna .it is mind blowing

maDawson

I'm a straight up fan of the Ruy Lopez opening. As a kid it was pretty much the only opening I've ever used.

a_a_p

tremendous opening bro

gaereagdag

That's it. It was named as such because the position is so crackers that only It would occur if Dracula and Frankenstein played one another as two madmen playing chess.

gaereagdag

It is equal position accoding to theory. But don't play it unless you have gone as mad as Frankenstein!!!!!!! :)

a_a_p

ya . i m half mad ..Cry

a_a_p

what about alapin variation/

Hugh_Vincent

Playing White: The Scotch Game;

Playing Black: 1. e4 - The Scandiavian Defence;

1. d4 - The Tarrash Defence

1. c4 - Still to decide!

Best of luck