Forums

Who is the highest rated IM in the world?

Sort:
ChrisWainscott

The titles that are won by players for winning certain events are often prescient anyhow.

For example, Ray Robson and Awonder Liang both had FM titles awarded as a result of winning tournaments rather than by qualifying through rating.

Today one is a GM who seems destined to make 2700 and the other is the youngest US IM ever working on becoming the youngest US GM ever.

Quirine

Bogdanovich, Stanislav with 2590 is the highest rated IM according to the latest FIDE rating list

CongratsOnYourLoss

I think it is now PARHAM MAGHSOODLOO FROM IRAN AGED 6 2580 NO TITLE!

CongratsOnYourLoss

oh yeah sorry i meant 16 lol u know kotronias i met him at coffee shop in greece on holiday

ArgoNavis

pfren obviously.

macer75

Najgrunfeld, perhaps?

ArgoNavis
macer75 wrote:

Najgrunfeld, perhaps?

Vallejo is a GM.

macer75
kingofshedinjas wrote:
macer75 wrote:

Najgrunfeld, perhaps?

Vallejo is a GM.

You think that Naj is Vallejo?

ArgoNavis
macer75 wrote:
kingofshedinjas wrote:
macer75 wrote:

Najgrunfeld, perhaps?

Vallejo is a GM.

You think that Naj is Vallejo?

No, but some people said so.

Oliver_Prescott

john burke achieved at rating of 2600 the same year he was awarded the FM title

BeaverScribe

I believe it's currently Nikolas Theodorou, Greece, rated 2554

BeaverScribe
Simonmareki wrote:

The highest rated IM is Yin, Hao from China, rated 2583 ;) You can get the list on the FIDE website, entering an option 'advanced search'

link?

Rook_Handler

i played the youngest cm and beat her

yesiexistexhausted

The highest rated IM is Dhingra, Aaditya rated 2608 Classical.

HenryKolseth
MrDamonSmith skrev:

I was looking for a rating list by FIDE of the top 1,000 players in the world but didn't find it. I figured there would be quite a few IM's on it, I'm sure there are. I know from personal experience that there have been many IM's that were far stronger than a lot of GM's, they just never got the title. After all, we've all seen GM's that arent really GM level. They'll have ratings way down in 2400's & many down in the 2300's. Sadly there are some in the 2200's. There have been IM's with ratings over 2600. A rating tells more than a title. After all, FIDE hands out GM titles to players that obviously aren't at that level just for winning a certain tournament. With the way FIDE is with titles today there are people under 2000 with FM titles! There are FM's that are better than some GM's! They should raise the rating requirement to 2600 for the GM as a start. Or simply recognize the top .3% as GM's. There are players right now that have GM titles that have never even reached 2500. Ever, in their whole life. That goes for other titles too, they've become diluted. Fide needs to stop trying to make up reasons to give so many title away.

So does anyone know how I can get a list of the top 1,000 players in the world with their titles listed next to their names?

I would say that results show the players strength better than both rating and title because you can be overrated.

tygxc

Now it is IM Gurel, Ediz, rated 2578
https://ratings.fide.com/profile/44507356