Forums

Disregard

Sort:
grandbrother

some made sentences will make meaning if any out of the thousands of languages that exist or extinct to date.

a respectable gimmicky pluff will be taken otherwise 

so careful when making sentenceTongue Out

C-nack

Because it's the language of the Internet.

Because in most of the cases it's the first foreign language you learn in school.

Because there are over 360 millions native speakers.

royalbishop

Tic, tac toe. Good sentence?

Shippen

Not all in english. For instance I am a member of a group for Paul Morphy and they are speaking all sorts of languages.

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/paul-morphy-lovers

cartmankyle

Harro Prease,

Tired and sick of everyone talk a Engrish? Feer so ronery and arone? Be no good at a Engrish? Feer rike you bring much dishonour of famiry name? Then I suggest immediate death by Seppuku. I have sword, much sharp, good for Seppuku. You want borrow?

Scottrf
cartmankyle wrote:

Harro Prease,

Tired and sick of everyone talk a Engrish? Feer so ronery and arone? Be no good at a Engrish? Feer rike you bring much dishonour of famiry name? Then I suggest immediate death by Seppuku. I have sword, much sharp, good for Seppuku. You want borrow?

Laughing

Conquistador

Sumerian language only please.

ivandh

JadedPawn

Jag tänker skriva på svenska framöver. :)

royalbishop

Good one - It means Happy New Year.

chessmaster102
Estragon wrote:
chessmaster102 wrote:
Estragon wrote:

Why isn't the forum in Mandarin, then?

cause chess.coms owner speaks primarily english. As for why its most spoken look it up it should be obvious since china holds more people than america and all other primary english speaking countries.

China holds more people, but not all of them speak Mandarin.  More people around the world are conversant in English than are conversant in Mandarin, especially among chessplayers.

Its there primary language so yes ALL of them do. That may not be the only language but it is the norm over there

chessmaster102
Cnacnel wrote:

Because it's the language of the Internet.

Because in most of the cases it's the first foreign language you learn in school.

Because there are over 360 millions native speakers.

yep the guy who made the internet speaks primarily english to.

grandbrother

nature has once some one learns to speak English after their mother tongue that many of us don't bother to learn a third language!

LET ME TAKE THE OCCASSION THAT I HAVE A DESIRE TO JOIN A TEAM THAT TEACHES A LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH ESPECIALLY GREETING PHRASES PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN OFFER THIS! :0-)

JadedPawn

Gott Nytt År!!

royalbishop

When you tell a joke in sounds better when you say in English.

Even slang words sound better in English.

Talking English in English leads to longer conversations.

The Blues sound better in English.

royalbishop

Hey if you can get your Mother in Law to nag you another language than English their will be no need for any Ear Device or to turn up the Music.

Tmb86

Answer: C

royalbishop

Another victim of the Mother In Law.....

..... his ability to speak has seriously been downgraded to null.

royalbishop

Money!

Pay us and we speak any language you wish.

Hey put up enough money and we do some grunting for free.

Hey how would they call the plays in the NFL if they were not in English.

Holla 4 Paco 34 Vamos Vamos Vamos.

TheSlyHunter
Bicarbonatofsoda wrote:
quak170 wrote:

Ok.

No, I am not racist :P

But, I was wondering, since there are people from all over the world, why does everyone talk english?

Is it:

A: Almost all of chess.com is english

B: I only play against and read the forums of english speaking people

C: Im an idiot

D: Chess.com translates perfectly

Thank you for your patience :)

there are 3 notes on your page and they don't all look english

True, I have no idea why random foregnors posted that LOL. But that does point out that there ARE other people on here after all............