Forums

Why getting GM title is not possible at the age 30+? Is it a fact?

Sort:
GMegaMan

whos nigel davies

VLaurenT
GM_fishys wrote:

whos nigel davies

A big and clever gnat Smile

TetsuoShima
varelse1 wrote:

"Chess is a sea in which a gnat may drink and an elephant may bathe." – Indian proverb

"I might add that if a gnat studies in the right way, he may eventually become an elephant." – Nigel Davies

i always thought it was chess is a sea were a gnat may bath and an elephant may drown

fburton

It's definitely "a gnat may drink". There's even a book named after the saying...

http://www.amazon.com/Gnat-May-Drink-Annotated-ebook/dp/B00BSYDYQE

I have to say, I am tickled by the image of a gulping gnat.

AndyClifton
josephcow55 wrote:

My friend is 10 (like me) and he has a IQ of 148 and is in calculus

Oh yeah?  Well, my IQ is 178 and I'm in analysis!

TheGrobe

Well my name's Peter Gabriel and I'm in Genesis.

varelse1
TheGrobe wrote:

My names Caine and I'm in the Book of Genesis.

gambitattax

You can get better money by becoming a software engineer.

AndyClifton

You can get better money by becoming a Lionel engineer.

T-Misha77
varelse1 wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:

My names Caine and I'm in the Book of Genesis.

Remember the Ark? Yeah, well I built that, actually.

SmyslovFan

The guy who built the ark ended up as a drunk. Sorry to hear that about you, T-Misha.

T-Misha77
SmyslovFan wrote:

The guy who built the ark ended up as a drunk. Sorry to hear that about you, T-Misha.

He became a "streetbum" actually

T-Misha77
Shadowknight911 wrote:

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis - when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this.

Biggie? That you?

varelse1
[COMMENT DELETED]
Viru1003
JamesCoons wrote:

If you study chess for 30 hours a day for the next ten years then the GM title should be no trouble at all. For those who say you can't study 30 hours a day, Its difficult to study 30 hours a day but not totally impossible. You just need to be on a jet traveling west. By the time you get to be GM you will have logged a lot of frequent flyer miles.

There's only 24 hours in a day.... how can you study chess for "30 hours a day" lol

varelse1
Viru1003 wrote:
JamesCoons wrote:

If you study chess for 30 hours a day for the next ten years then the GM title should be no trouble at all. For those who say you can't study 30 hours a day, Its difficult to study 30 hours a day but not totally impossible. You just need to be on a jet traveling west. By the time you get to be GM you will have logged a lot of frequent flyer miles.

There's only 24 hours in a day.... how can you study chess for "30 hours a day" lol

Its possible.

But only if you do it eight days a week.

JohnNapierSanDiego
BabyRhinoRainbow wrote:

I don't think anyone with genius IQ would waste their life mastering a board game :p

Funny... Whenever I'm playing chess, I'm doing it because I want to do it rather than anything else, because I'm having so much fun doing it.  Funny how you would call that a "waste of time".

awesome1184
scubeknight2 wrote:

Hi,

Been Playing chess from my college days [ I mean friendly matches] and was serious on settling in Engineering career. Now after that (at the age of 32) playing serious chess [tournaments in clubs] and of course dreaming about getting GM title. Why getting GM is not possible at this age? Is it a impossible thing? If not so how much minimum time and effort one should put on daily basis towards that goal? [including theory and practice]. How the time is shared among the Theory and Practical games?

sounds like spamton ngl

Sharingan_No_Kakashi

IT'S ALWAYS POSSIBLE, AS LONG AS YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, THAT'S THE REAL QUESTION, DO YOU?

YOU CAN DO IT!

premio53

You can also look like Arnold Swarzenegger. IT'S ALWAYS POSSIBLE, AS LONG AS YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, THAT'S THE REAL QUESTION, DO YOU? YOU CAN DO IT!