Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Winning on sheer will when down a piece by playing like a 3300

I've done it, and it's been done to me.

Anyone else ever experience this?

I didn't protect f2 well enough in the opening of a recent game and had to let Black take my f2-P and my h1-R with a N in order to have any chance to stay in the game. I launched an all-out attack on the Black K, hoping I would get enough local material superiority to win - I even added a N-sacrifice during my attack to keep his K moving so he couldn't get his other pieces active in the defense.  Somehow it worked. Under the game are Stockfish 8's post-game analysis move-by-move listings. It says I found the very best move 13 of the last 14 moves.

Here's Stockfish 8's analysis. Note that the ? and ?? are not always bad moves - Lucas Chess is set up to record them as bad if Stockfish has a what it thinks is a much better move.

null

MickinMD wrote:

I didn't protect f2 well enough in the opening of a recent game and had to let Black take my f2-P and my h1-R with a N in order to have any chance to stay in the game. I launched an all-out attack on the Black K, hoping I would get enough local material superiority to win - I even added a N-sacrifice during my attack to keep his K moving so he couldn't get his other pieces active in the defense.  Somehow it worked. Under the game are Stockfish 8's post-game analysis move-by-move listings. It says I found the very best move 13 of the last 14 moves.

Here's Stockfish 8's analysis. Note that the ? and ?? are not always bad moves - Lucas Chess is set up to record them as bad if Stockfish has a what it thinks is a much better move.

Good job!  The post was inspired by someone snatching two of my pieces early on in a game and losing to the "blind swine mate" (Rg7-h7 smothering a cornered king).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkmate_pattern#Blind_swine_mate

StupidGM wrote:

admitted to cheating. MoDs, Do YoR thIng

superman0101 wrote:
    StupidGM wrote:

admitted to cheating. MoDs, Do YoR thIng

I don't take kindly to being accused of that, nor do I ever use engines when playing.

Kindly cease and desist.

no humans can play as a 3300, therefore, you admitted to having engine use

😂
or Join

Online Now