Forums

Would a human EVER make this mistake twice?

Sort:
Truxton777
[COMMENT DELETED]
Truxton777

This person has been accused of engine use by several members, and this strange play doesn't make any sense at all.  It would be different if he was experimenting with some kind of sacrifice, but clearly, here his pieces aren't developed...with no chance in sight.  If you look at all the games I played against him, they were pretty good games.  And I suspect that he uses an engine "sometimes"...and it's a weak enging to boot.  I could be wrong, but just want to hear what you guys think!

Truxton777
dear_old_chessticles wrote:

Perhaps. An engine certainly wouldn't make this mistake even once.

I believe he is using a weak engine.  I have seen weak engines like "stockfish" or even weaker ones, that DO make mistakes like this several times, because they can't find the right moves in the allowed time for blitz. 

Truxton777

What was the time control?

The time control was 3:0

Truxton777

That's NOT a blunder...I can see it as a blunder in the first game...but to do that exact sequence, and make the exact same mistake twice in a row..when this person's rating is 1800 blitz, would never happen with any 1800 player.  I suspect he is probably a 1200 real life, and is using a weak engine to play a little stronger.  But again, I may be wrong.

macer75
Oran_perrett wrote:

that opening is stupid

looks like something computer 1-easy would play (as black). Trust me - I have played over 200 games against it.

Conflagration_Planet
Truxton777 wrote:

This person has been accused of engine use by several members, and this strange play doesn't make any sense at all.  It would be different if he was experimenting with some kind of sacrifice, but clearly, here his pieces aren't developed...with no chance in sight.  If you look at all the games I played against him, they were pretty good games.  And I suspect that he uses an engine "sometimes"...and it's a weak enging to boot.  I could be wrong, but just want to hear what you guys think!

Maybe if he knows he's suspected of engine use, so he's delibritly playing stupid to take the suspision off.

Truxton777

Interesting, lol.   I was just wingin the whole thing. 

Truxton777
macer75 wrote:
Oran_perrett wrote:

that opening is stupid

looks like something computer 1-easy would play (as black). Trust me - I have played over 200 games against it.

That's funny, well i'm black!  And I was just playing off intuition, I don't know if there is any theory with that stuff. 

macer75
[COMMENT DELETED]
TetsuoShima

i totally agree

TetsuoShima
Truxton777 wrote:

I believe he is using a weak engine.  I have seen weak engines like "stockfish" or even weaker ones, that DO make mistakes like this several times, because they can't find the right moves in the allowed time for blitz. 

ARE YOU KIDDING? stockfisch is so strong even when taking less than a second...

TetsuoShima

i bet my phone version of stockfisch would beat you in 100 of 100 games without a single draw.

NimzoRoy

The Fireside Book of Chess has a section on "amazing chess facts" and one of them is about how GM Akiba Rubinstein (one of the greatest players ever) fell into the exact same opening trap TWICE in his life and worse yet the 2nd time was only 2 yrs after the first! So, I don't find the OP here too hard to believe.

Check this out my opponent played the exact same game less than one yr ago - I just followed it out from the Game Explorer but presumed he had some sort of "improvement" up his sleeve

king_nothing1
Truxton777 wrote:

This person has been accused of engine use by several members

Seriously, where do they make such accusations. As I understand, this site follows 'no name - no shame' policy. I heard people say that a player is being discussed as cheater. Where are such discussion?  I was once told that my name being discussed as cheater but never found where and by whom. 

SwedishPawn

But didnt you do exactly the same moves in exactly the same order too?

TetsuoShima
NimzoRoy wrote:

The Fireside Book of Chess has a section on "amazing chess facts" and one of them is about how GM Akiba Rubinstein (one of the greatest players ever) fell into the exact same opening trap TWICE in his life and worse yet the 2nd time was only 2 yrs after the first! So, I don't find the OP here too hard to believe.

Check this out my opponent played the exact same game less than one yr ago - I just followed it out from the Game Explorer but presumed he had some sort of "improvement" up his sleeve

forgetful frank the name just rocks

AndyClifton
Truxton777 wrote:
I believe he is using a weak engine. 

So...if he's using a program to make crappy moves for him, what's the problem? Smile

AndyClifton
SwedishPawn wrote:

But didnt you do exactly the same moves in exactly the same order too?

lol

NimzoRoy
king_nothing1 wrote:
Truxton777 wrote:

This person has been accused of engine use by several members

Seriously, where do they make such accusations. As I understand, this site follows 'no name - no shame' policy. I heard people say that a player is being discussed as cheater. Where are such discussion?  I was once told that my name being discussed as cheater but never found where and by whom. 

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/cheating-forum